Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Upgraded ✅ 🚀

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYP has been through a couple of different generations from oem pre-comfort, to Eibach lowering springs, and now UP luxury pro kit.

The oem pre-comfort wasn’t a bad setup but I decided I wanted something more aggressive thinking I could settle with Eibach springs, I was totally wrong. The ride turned everything but pleasant from jarring on the slightest imperfections, new rattles started appearing on the interior and passengers who normally wouldn’t notice something’s off started complaining about the overall ride quality. I decided to go back to the driving board.. and didn’t want to risk pairing them with Koni, Tein dampers if it didn’t provide me the trifecta I was looking for (look, comfort, sound). So by the time I factored labor rates in my area to get the suspension replaced again I decided to go with coilovers even if it meant I had to save a while longer.

I went with Unplugged Performance luxury pro kit and I have to say it meets all of the requirements. Shoutout to the team over at Unplugged Performance team for their awesome support throughout the project and Collective Gruppe for carrying out the work and making sure everything was installed as desired.

Technical Specs
  • 15" from arch to center cap
Lessons Learned:
  • Test drive other setups to find out what you want if you can.
  • Pay now or pay later doesn’t apply anymore. Find someone who’s meticulous in their art, has the right tools, shop/garage and don’t be afraid to ask them questions.
  • When I say find someone, I mean do some serious research and I mean it. I had Mod Bargain / Mod Auto and another independent installer attempt carry out the work failed tremendously. I had the opportunity to bring it back for repairs but you’ve lost your chance if you put me in a situation that feels unsafe, would rather take the financial loss and go elsewhere.
Onto the pictures

IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG

Last edited: