Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Suspension Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some assistance with Model y suspension.

I currently own a 2023 LR AWD.
I have switched to 18 inch wheels with 235 60 tires, this has made an incredible difference in comfort but still looking for more comfort and a little lower. These massive tires have raised my vehicle about .5 inch.

I had installed Dinan springs with the OEM 19 inch wheels and it looked great but I could not tolerate the bouncy ride.

I am currently leaning towards Tein shocks, Tein coils, or Koni shocks. Leaning most toward coil but not wanting to spend MPP money.
My main concern with the coils is that if I do lower the vehicle with the coils will I still have full comfort from the coils?
Also will the Tein coils be any more comfortable than oem "comfort" suspension which my vehicle came with.
Also with the Tein coils would I need to use the rear camber arms, front control arms, and/or toe arms?

I am not planning on slamming the car nor am I planning on doing any extreme track days. My main objective is comfort, while not eating up my tires.
Been a while. Any updates? Get it figured out?

I went with Koni Special Actives and KW Top hats.

Ride is mostly good, but still bumpy at low speeds. That and the front end still makes some odd noise over double/triple bumps.
I think I may need new tires to fix that last sound.

The ST Suspensions ST XA Coilovers are the best bang for the buck adjustable suspension on the market. And comes with a ultra-long 5-Year warranty, doubling what anyone else if offering and from a well-respected suspension manufacturer in Germany (KW Suspension's sister company).

The price closely rivals what people are already paying for springs/struts, really a no-brainer as it even comes with replacement spring mounts.

Features
  • Front Lowering: 1.0" to 2.0"
  • Rear Lowering: 1.0" to 2.0"
  • Complete solution with adjustable spring perch, multi-coated spring system and dynamic elastomer bump stops with dust protection
  • 18 Distinct clicks of Adjustable Rebound Damping
  • Individual lowering within the tested adjustment range
  • Front and rear axle thread adjustment (when possible)
  • Galvanized coilover struts with additional coating for optimized corrosion protection
  • Powerful twin-tube dampers with high-quality components for maximum longevity
  • Backed by ST suspension's 5 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty

53087293774_5927740a79_b.jpg

53087601928_36f0dedfc6_b.jpg

For those still wanting the non-adjustable MPP Comfort Coilvoers, I have a few sets remaining on closeout as the ST kits are the hot item now. While supply lasts.