TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Swapping 18” for 19” wheels?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Carl_Drogo, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

I’m on the fence about ordering the Performance model. I prefer the 19” rims to the 18” but 19” is not an option for the P. And 20” is too big.

What are the chances that if I order the P with 18” that I could find someone to swap for the 19” wheels if I paid the $1500 upgrade plus shipping?

I know you can buy the 19” on the Tesla website but they only come with winter tires. I don’t want to have to buy them that way and then sell the 18” wheels, and buy new 19” all-weather tires, and sell / dispose of the winter tires. It seems like a major hassle.

2. sreams

sreams Member

How about buying your car with the 20 inch wheels and then finding someone who will trade 19s plus cash for them? That would get you the right tires and avoid a lot of the hassle.

• Like x 1
  3. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

For $5k I think I would be overpaying if I do it just for the wheels. I know the $5k package comes with a few other things but nothing I need. I think it would be cheaper to try my luck with the 18”s that come stock. But maybe what you suggest might be easier. I’ll think about it. Thanks

4. TurnFast

TurnFast Member

Also slightly annoying is I think your car will show up in your app and in the in car menus as you originally configured it, so even after you have physically gotten 19s on the car, you'll still be staring at the aeros.

5. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

Thanks. I didn't know that. That would annoy me.

I wonder if they would update it if someone called Tesla's customer service or something.