Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switched from Aero to Sports wheel. TPMS not registering.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I have the exact same problem as everyone else here.

I bought 4 tpms from amazon for my 2019 Model 3 to mount on new rims that I got, 3 sensors out of the 4 were working, the only one that didn't get picked up was the driver's rear side, so I figured it was a faulty sensor.

Bought another sensor from ebay this time, mounted again on the same rim (driver's rear side) and still wasn't picking it up, even after a few days and having driven many kms.

So I decided to rotate the drivers front and rear side rims/tires and now I still see the rear drivers tpms sensor not being picked up, the front side is good meaning that the new tpms sensor (originally on drivers rear side) was not faulty, unless for some reason these sensors are not strong enough and maybe there is some sort of interference only in the drivers' rear side??

Unless there is another issue with the car itself?

I will be mounting my winter tires that are on the original rims with the factory tpms from Tesla in the next month or so and will hopefully see if everything works.

Any ideas why the aftermarket tpms would not work on rear drivers side?

Thanks in advance.