Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching Model Y LR order to P in New England?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering switching my MYLR order to MYP to speed up delivery a bit and also just second guessing my original choice. However, I'm concerned about drivability in the MA winter and I have no idea what kind of tires it would come with..

What are other MYP owners in New England doing? Swapping wheels for the winter?

I'm also not a huge fan of the Uberturbine wheels to be honest. The look just doesn't do it for me. Are others swapping summer wheels?

Considering switching my MYLR order to MYP to speed up delivery a bit and also just second guessing my original choice. However, I'm concerned about drivability in the MA winter and I have no idea what kind of tires it would come with..

I'm also not a huge fan of the Uberturbine wheels to be honest. The look just doesn't do it for me. Are others swapping summer wheels?
I actually switched to 21" Ubers, my tire guy told me the 19" continentals do not perform any better in the winter than the tires on the Ubers. There is a bit more tire wall to resist potholes I guess. You would need to get winter tires. I may do that not sure yet, Might wait a year or two or see about getting a used set.

I believe that all seasons on the Uberturbines are probably decent since it's AWD, but I've gotta think that if it has summer/performance tires the traction will be horrible. I'm more thinking of switching to 19" in the winter so I don't have to swap tires back and forth - swapping wheels with tires would be much easier/cheaper. Plus it would help avoid winter damage to the nice/expensive Uberturbines.

Have you driven with your Uberturbines in the winter yet? What tires?

How has winter driving been for you with the 21” Michelins, assuming you purchased the MYP?

I just purchased a MYP and am planning on trying to ride out the rest of winter with the stock Pilot Sport all seasons, instead of spending more $$$ on winter wheels/tires.. —Although it is well below zero and a huge snowstorm is pending here in MN..