Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Configuration for faster delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any consensus or insight as to whether there is any color/options/wheel configuration that might yield a faster delivery time? I have read many comments that the MYP can yield a faster delivery, but we want the LR version.

Also, if I do switch from my current order of MYLR White/White, 19's, no other options, do I lose my spot in line and my existing pricing?

Thanks, and really enjoy this forum--tons of good information.

I ordered MSM black interior on 1/24 with gemini wheels. I changed to 20 inch wheel and was assigned a VIN an hour later. I've seen others do the same do I'd say Gemini wheels are delaying things.

Is there any consensus or insight as to whether there is any color/options/wheel configuration that might yield a faster delivery time? I have read many comments that the MYP can yield a faster delivery, but we want the LR version.

Also, if I do switch from my current order of MYLR White/White, 19's, no other options, do I lose my spot in line and my existing pricing?

Thanks, and really enjoy this forum--tons of good information.

You only lose existing pricing if your order ends up cancelled. Additional pricing may occur based on any changes you make (software, hitch, wheels etc.)

Your spot in line may change for better or worse depending on what you pick. It's not known... Look in your account for an accelerated delivery option. That guarantees a faster delivery...

I went to my Account, but do not see any option for "accelerated delivery option". Any help on where that is?

Any other comments? I did the 510 number and am awaiting a response. Thanks!
Accelerated delivery option is only just “here’s some local inventory you might like.” But it doesn’t work if there’s no local inventory.

As for production priorities… honestly, I have no idea and nothing in particular seems to make it, other than maybe ODs filling “batches.” By that, a lot of MYP got made, but they were specifically people that had older ODs (and newer ones might’ve been cancelled orders, already on the way). And by batches, I mean they’re sorted out by something internally at the factory and then by location it’s going.

Like I posted in another thread, I think it’s like a coin sorter… each coin type would be a batch. And as they fill up, which ever gets full first, gets processed, or at least put in a queue to be processed. And if orders change, then all of it appears to get recalculated, but still using the OD to check fill timing.

The only question here, is what separates the batches inside the factory? The things that are most different in time and effort are seating (5 v 7), tow (with v without) and spoiler (P v LR trim). I thought paint would be different, but i don’t know how quickly they switch between colors (namely whether the previous color lingers when switching). Seats, motors and wheels can be different, but they all take the same amount of time to install, no matter what the option. The wheel cover for the 19” is the only real difference, but that’s installed at the delivery center. Hum, maybe the same for spoiler for the P.