Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my 85D arrived on June 11th after 9 MONTHS of wait. : )
IMG_2051.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

by the way - I did add additional and very easy to install lighting in the trunk and also under the seats. If anyone is interested, check out my blog here: http://myteslamodels.weebly.com/interior-accessories. I also had to add a universal homelink antenna since my 10 year old garage door would just not work with the model s.

Hello all

i was wondering if anyone in Switzerland has used paint protection on their Model S similar to what is done in America? (Opticoat, Xpel, etc)

if so, what was your reasoning and approx cost of installation?

thanks

aziwa - i looked into this a while ago. There's a shop in zurich that does special coats and I think the cost was around 3000 chf for the whole car. at the time that seemed a little steep to me. I will have to look it up again - if I can find the info I will post it here.

edit: I just asked for a quote at this place: autoglastechnik - I'll let you know what they say.

Last edited:
aziwa - i looked into this a while ago. There's a shop in zurich that does special coats and I think the cost was around 3000 chf for the whole car. at the time that seemed a little steep to me. I will have to look it up again - if I can find the info I will post it here.

edit: I just asked for a quote at this place: autoglastechnik - I'll let you know what they say.

Cool. Will be interesting to see what they quote. 3,000chf seems a lot and probably not worth it in my opinion.

Hello all,

A new member here from Bern and soon a Model S owner :smile:
I am in the same boat as TMC member "paraglider", I have confirmed my order on 09.06.2015 and the car went into production on 23.06.2015, delivery is in August. The wait is really hard and the days feel really long :rolleyes:
My Tesla will be a P85D obsidian black metallic with all options except the cold weather package.

Best wishes to all

Welcome to the wait TMS :) congratulations on making the order. The wait will be worth it.

What was your reasoning for not taking the cold weather package (I did the same. All options but no cold weather). Just want to see what your thinking was?

Hi AziwA,

Yes, the wait is agonizing, and just this morning, I saw that delivery is now "Late August". My car is still in production since 10 days!

My reasoning for not including the cold weather package was based on 3 different factors:
1- Feedback from Model S owners who said it is not necessary, and that the wiper blade defrosters didn't do much
2- Recommendation to the same effect from a Tesla representative in Switzerland who told me that when I preheat the car, the whole interior will be warm, so that the extra heating is needed.
3- I usually have more problem with hot weather than with cold weather (long parking outside with the sun directly shining on the steering wheel!)

Same feeling for me. especially the preheat option.

Don't feel too bad about late august! I have decided to wait until at least november in the hopes of getting some new hardware. I went to the tesla store today to ogle a little.

Hi TMS,
Congratulations on your order! I have my Model S since end of April 2015. To me, there is no bad choice of options. It is simply a great car, in any color and with or without bells and whistles.
This weekend, the car just brought me there:

DSCF4568-Edit.jpg

And then, while it was being supercharged in Martigny, I was able to do this:

IMG_2075-Edit.jpg

So, enjoy the wait, it will be worth it!

Hi youpidou,

This is a very nice place to be in during this heat :smile:
I will use the waiting time to prepare a USB stick with music that me and family enjoy, and I will call my electrician to install a red connector in my garage (3phase/380V/16A), and to prepare the garage to look nice when I get the P85D :cool:

I have a question for those who have a red connector installed at home:
Should the FI switch at the panel be 16A or higher? I would like to be able to charge my Tesla with the whole 11kW available through this connector.

Great photos youpidou. Where is the glacier?

TMS - maybe best to ask your question on the FI in a different section of the forum to get more people who can help? By the way for the music I have read on the forum that it makes a big difference in qualify if you use FLAC format on your USB drive. Apparently you can really hear the difference. Maybe something to look into

Thanks for the info AziwA. I will try to ask about the FI somewhere else.

Regarding FLAC: yes, I also heard that FLAC files work best because they are lossless, unlike MP3 files which use a psychoacoustic compression that makes the music sound flat and lifeless! That's why I bought a 128Gb USB stick to accommodate the big FLAC files.

Great photos youpidou. Where is the glacier?
Thank you :)!
It's the Langgletscher, above the Anenhütte, Lötschental. Very nice circular hike starting from the parking lot at Fafleralp. If you go, let me know if you enjoy it!

Regarding music: FLAC on USB sounds indeed better than mp3 on USB, and much better than mp3 over bluetooth. What does not work too well in my opinion is the automated tagging. The audio system fetches audio tags from some Internet database and associates them with your music. It creates A LOT of categories, and it often is a surprise which categories it decides to associate your music with. As a workaround, I created my own categories, starting with "0", e.g. "0 Pop", "0 Pop ethno", ... and associated them to my flac files on the Mac using xact. It allows me to scroll all the way down in the categories screen (to the # sign) and play a given category as defined by me. Instead of having to guess what those 50+ categories are, I kind of know what is going to be in my 10 or so "0" categories.

Have fun!