Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Highland Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back to first Highland orders …

Seems to me that the mail posted at the start of the thread is somewhat dubious in terms of it being an official pre order process. But it does seem they’ll be arriving reasonably quickly.

I suspect the lack of stalks will put a lot of people off (deal breaker for me) so it’ll be interesting to see how it performs sales wise.

I can’t see Tesla abandoning 0% interest on Highland. Other manufacturers are doing it, the normal rates are untenable for a lot of people. It might vanish temporarily for the first orders, but I would expect it to come back.

I can’t see Tesla abandoning 0% interest on Highland. Other manufacturers are doing it, the normal rates are untenable for a lot of people. It might vanish temporarily for the first orders, but I would expect it to come back.

There is no way Tesla will do 0% on the Highland, its 4.9% on Model Y so I'm guessing 4.9 or 5.9%. They're only doing 0% on current model to clear inventory stock.
But I hope you're as I've put £200 down for the RWD.

There is no way Tesla will do 0% on the Highland, its 4.9% on Model Y so I'm guessing 4.9 or 5.9%. They're only doing 0% on current model to clear inventory stock.
But I hope you're as I've put £200 down for the RWD.

Maybe not to begin with, but I'd never say never..

Tesla need to keep growing sales, their strategy depends upon it. The market expects ever increasing sales to justify its high valuation.

There has been a drop in production within the current quarter, yet lead times are still very short.

Tesla are yet to release a new smaller cheaper car, meaning sales growth must come from their current range of cars and of that only really two models.

Any risk to sales targets, Tesla will do whatever it takes. Even 0% on a new model wouldn't be out of the question, nothing would be off the table.

It may sound ridiculous, but Tesla have been a market disruptor and rules are rewritten.

Reactions: Durzel
Maybe not to begin with, but I'd never say never..

Tesla need to keep growing sales, their strategy depends upon it

I agree. Staggering margins, the envy of the industry, opening a new factory every 12 months or so, and yet another 250,000 cars to sell each year, sweet-deals and/or drop-price (plenty of margin for that, and no concern for pi$$ing existing punters off on deprecation)

Supply-Demand ... initially I presume no problem selling all the Highland they can make for the me-first-on-my-street buyers, after that when production exceeds sales Tesla have always used their demand-levers.

Meanwhile VW are having to rein-in their EV production, and in USA the United Auto Workers unionised competition is striking (40% raise and a 4-day-week). Just like your best mate passing you the ball 5 yards from the line ... unbelievable how often that has happened.

I think I’ll wait for a test drive. As has been discussed elsewhere, lack of indicator stalks will almost certainly make right hand turns at roundabouts a pain.
I’d like to see how much of a pain before parting with my hard-earned cash.

I agree. Staggering margins, the envy of the industry, opening a new factory every 12 months or so, and yet another 250,000 cars to sell each year, sweet-deals and/or drop-price (plenty of margin for that, and no concern for pi$$ing existing punters off on deprecation)

Supply-Demand ... initially I presume no problem selling all the Highland they can make for the me-first-on-my-street buyers, after that when production exceeds sales Tesla have always used their demand-levers.

Meanwhile VW are having to rein-in their EV production, and in USA the United Auto Workers unionised competition is striking (40% raise and a 4-day-week). Just like your best mate passing you the ball 5 yards from the line ... unbelievable how often that has happened.
I do wonder what the saturation point is for the 3 and Y, particularly as BIK advantages are slowly being unwound. Irrespective of that, there are only so many company car buyers who’ll want a Tesla over a BM/Merc/Audi (which are quite tempting on lease).

Similarly, how many private buyers are going to shell out £50k on a Tesla, particularly when they are not exactly ergonomically friendly to the non-techie types (particularly if they’ve removed pretty much all physical controls now).

They may be selling all they can make now, but that’s not going to last forever. (I’ll not buy another one until they sort out the Park Assist, and have indicator stalks as an option).

Have we had any Highlands delivered in Europe yet, or do we have an ETA, so we can see the final production spec, bumper-cam or no bumper-cam?
There's a thread under the slightly higher level "Europe" folder which has an active "delivery" thread, or more accurately, "awaiting delivery" thread. VIN numbers are being allocated to some but I think we're still a week or 2 away from actual deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy Batty