Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Highland Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any difference in spec between 2wd/4wd? There used to be a ‘premium’ interior and sound system.
Sound system is still different:
Tesla website said:
Enjoy studio-quality sound from any seat with our new Tesla-designed premium audio system. It features 17 speakers, including dual subwoofers and dual amplifiers for Long Range vehicles and 9 speakers with a single amplifier for Rear-Wheel Drive vehicles. Includes native support for Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal.

No me neither, going to go for a RWD seems great value, there Are 2 new colours showing, Stealth Grey and Ultra red, are there any others we’re missing in UK?
Stealth Grey and Ultra Red are the only new colours for the new Model 3. Perhaps UrbanSplash was thinking of the Model Y (LHD) colours, which are available exclusively from Berlin - Midnight Cherry Red and Quicksilver?

I’m not bothered about the number of speakers when it’s likely some crap on YouTube being watched.

Doesn't much matter for Radio 4 either.

9 speakers in the RWD is up from 7(?) in the outgoing RWD. Perhaps the two door tweeters are connected in the Highland RWD. Will know for certain once the RWD highland gets a few deliveries. That should be noticible when listening to music.

The old RWD has four speakers from the AWD system that are not connected. Most likley it is less expensvie to install the speakers in both RWD and AWD instead of making a speaker delete version.

I’ve been trying to practice using the non-stalk indicators with the left/right arrows surrounding the left steering button. I’m not sure how intuitive it is when the wheel orientation is upside down and having to press the left button when you want to indicate and turn right.

For info - if anyone is a Tusker lease customer then having just spoken to them, you’re unable to order the new model until they’ve received the Tesla info for it and updated their website.
No time on this and apparently any Tesla orders will not be transferred to the Tusker order system (as happened before)….

I can vaguely conceive of the odd day here and there where I might appreciate vented cooled seats. I tend to wear shorts when it's hot enough to benefit from them, though.

I think I'd want to know how far I actually am from an obstacle in front more though, rather than the car just guessing. I'm weird like that.

For info - if anyone is a Tusker lease customer then having just spoken to them, you’re unable to order the new model until they’ve received the Tesla info for it and updated their website.
No time on this and apparently any Tesla orders will not be transferred to the Tusker order system (as happened before)….
This seems to be the same for Octopus EV too now, the M3 RWD LR was listed on the website earlier today but has now disappeared along with the other versions.

I had my original order for a M3LR with them cancelled a couple of weeks ago as Tesla had stopped orders they said and had decided to go for an "in stock" RWD LR instead after a test drive at a SC and some soul searching around the loss of indicators for the benefit of the new look. When I test drove it the Tesla guy at the SC showed me their view and the idea of cars waiting for orders that they physically had and I think then they still had a fair few RWD LR but had no info about the Highland

I’m really in 2 minds with what to do. 7 years ago I got my first Tesla - an S. Now I have a 3P and my PCP contract ends in March. With the absence of a Highland 3P I’d be looking at the long range version. However, a massive part of me has fallen out of love with my car. I drive it a lot and do miles of motorway driving with Autopilot and here lies the reason for the loss of love. For me Autopilot is a sack of sh1t at the moment (I have a thread about that elsewhere) - I hope that in the coming weeks or months Autopilot will return to something that is actually fit for purpose.

My concerns with the Highland is the lack of indicator stalks but more importantly its reliance on vision-only which my experience of that so far is nothing short of shocking and I really wonder how good it can be - if its anything like the vision-only wipers I have a very low estimation.

Although, I am aware of other EV’s on the market I haven't yet researched those options. I guess I’ll have to wait for a few more months before pressing somebody’s order button.

how many private buyers are going to shell out £50k on a Tesla

I'm very surprised how many already have ...

They may be selling all they can make now, but that’s not going to last forever

When I did marketing 101 it was "Halve the price, sell to 20x as many people". I don't know what drop is needed for just 2x the number of punters, around 10% - 20% perhaps? Tesla has enough margin to do that, and that would give them plenty of head-room and be painful for the competition who are struggling to keep their factories busy, let alone price them to make money. I wouldn't have believed any of what is happened if I hadn't witnessed it.

I am aware of other EV’s on the market I haven't yet researched those options

There is a thread on that topic ... nothing that has come up yet seems to be a clear winner. Things like the Lotus look good but the software, and some other bits, are a bit of an unknown. And so on with the others ...

Reactions: Rob R