Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Rex Thunder & Lightning! WOOHOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this following email. . .

WHAT’S NEW?
We are happy to announce that Silence Inc. is now T-Rex Vehicles Inc. T-Rex now offers two types of vehicles; the T-Rex Thunder (gas-powered) and T-Rex Lightning (100 % electric power formerly known as the Silence).
A new T-Rex website featuring both the Thunder & Lightning vehicle will be unveiled shortly- www.go-t-rex.com.
For more information:
1-888-USA-TREX or [email protected]

LAST MINUTE NEWS!
LA Auto Show Nov. 16-25, 2007

T-Rex will be an exhibitor at the LA Auto Show in Los Angeles, California. This is a great opportunity to see the T-Rex Lightning in action around the LA Convention Center and meet the entire team.

For more information about the show please visit: www.laautoshow.com.

Looking forward to meeting you all in sunny California!

Paul Laprade
Director, EV division
T-Rex Vehicles Inc.

Lightning’s Mission: To offer an alternative to gas-powered vehicles without compromising performance.

Three-wheeled Wrightspeed X1

Yeah, but it's a toy. . . In a way it's a more "pure" sports car concept than the Tesla Roadster, because they Tesla is for fun but also tries to be somewhat practical. The Silence -- um, I mean Lightning -- is also for fun, costs half as much, and doesn't make any pretense of being practical.

For the price of a Tesla Roadster you could buy a Lightning *and* a PT Cruiser and have plenty of money left over for gas, insurance, etc. Drive the PT Cruiser when the weather is bad, or you want to haul something, or you want to take a long trip, and then drive the Lightning when you want to have fun and show off.

The way I see it, the Lightning is basically similar in concept and purpose to the Wrightspeed X1. It just has three important differences:

1. Three wheels instead of four.

2. Costs much less.

3. Available Real Soon Now.

Sounds like a good deal to me.