Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big difference outside of just looks seems to be launching the car and weight transfer. If you punch it on stocks springs you immediately notice the front end comes up and the rear of the car drops. After the upgrade that weight transfer time is reduced and the car launches so much better.

The ride in general is a bit softer but it was a nice ride before as well.

Also, ride height is still high enough to keep the nose of the car from bottoming out.

So far I'm really happy with this upgrade.

The big difference outside of just looks seems to be launching the car and weight transfer. If you punch it on stocks springs you immediately notice the front end comes up and the rear of the car drops. After the upgrade that weight transfer time is reduced and the car launches so much better.

The ride in general is a bit softer but it was a nice ride before as well.

Also, ride height is still high enough to keep the nose of the car from bottoming out.

So far I'm really happy with this upgrade.

Hi. Just checking in. Are you still happy with the lowering? Any bottoming issues?

Hi. Just checking in. Are you still happy with the lowering? Any bottoming issues?
Still enjoying the springs. I haven't rubbed at all but I am careful on steep driveways. Normal dips around town I take just as I did before the springs. Parking blocks will hit if not careful but the sensors do a good job of detecting them.

Reactions: rdlink
Still enjoying the springs. I haven't rubbed at all but I am careful on steep driveways. Normal dips around town I take just as I did before the springs. Parking blocks will hit if not careful but the sensors do a good job of detecting them.

Cool. Thanks!

I ordered a set. One of the things I really liked when I test drove the Model 3 was the handling. It was like it's on rails. Puts me in mind of my older BMW 3 Series. Hoping these springs don't take that away.

Black Tesla Model 3 with Gloss Black 20" TST Wheels, Lowering Springs, and Gloss Carbon Fiber Wing

black-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-20-inch-tst-turbine-style-wheels-gloss-black-wm-1.JPG
black-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-20-inch-tst-turbine-style-wheels-gloss-black-wm-3.JPG
black-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-20-inch-tst-turbine-style-wheels-gloss-black-wm-5.JPG

Reactions: amoney805
I am seriously considering dropping the front only. Maybe its my imagination but in all the photos of lowered cars it seems the rear fender is much closer to the tire than the front, to the point where (IMO only) it looks great in front but a bit squat in the rear. Lowering along the front will fix that and I believe give the car a more aggressive (aka badass) look. The actual question is, does anyone know of a reason this is a bad idea and I should not do it?

@warrior15r Initially, I thought it was the same but after a few days I've had the opportunity to test it on the highway, on regular commuter roads in NJ (i.e. like the moon) and even on unpaved roads at slow speeds. The steering feel is the same, still sharp, but, I'm sensing that the ride is more forgiving. It's not softer nor harder but I think it's lost some occasional jiggle that happened from time-to-time. I think it's gone from Audi S4 to BMW M3 if that makes sense - it feels more compliant yet more together.

Did you have the original model 3 springs or the upgraded ones that tesla started installing I believe around Apr 2018. That makes a difference in your comparision of ride as the original suspension was stiffer and hense all the complaints.

After research here and elsewhere I have decided on T sportline springs for a performance model 3 ...Any info on why Tsportline now offers spring set for performance with a stated 0.2” larger drop in rear vs LR AWD set that states even 1” drop all,the way around ? I had assumed this had been discussed but a search found nothing, for me at least. I would like to get in on Labor Day sale / asked question directly on their site but they may be enjoying the weekend / holiday
Thanks in advance for any info or links