Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Sportline Wheels (Black Friday) vs. Powder Coat Current Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I have a 22M3LR in black, with the 19-inch standard aluminum wheels. I'd prefer black wheels, so I feel like I have two choices.
  • One: I could have them powder coated, which would cost $960 for all four wheels, and I'd be without my car for about three days.
  • Two: I could buy these from T-Sportline (I like them just fine) at either their usual $1941.54 or a likely Black Friday price of around $1,630 (tax and shipping included), and I'd have to add the cost of swapping the tires on the wheels, but I could sell the OEM wheels.
Any opinions on the choices?

Thanks,

Todd

I’ll trade you 20x 8.5 in t sportline tss grey wheels with tores (50% tread) that are in perfect condition and 1k dollars. I lowered my car and need lower offset wheels. I would sell your 19s. Just a thought. In case you like space grey too
IMG_0845.jpeg

Hello all,

I have a 22M3LR in black, with the 19-inch standard aluminum wheels. I'd prefer black wheels, so I feel like I have two choices.
  • One: I could have them powder coated, which would cost $960 for all four wheels, and I'd be without my car for about three days.
  • Two: I could buy these from T-Sportline (I like them just fine) at either their usual $1941.54 or a likely Black Friday price of around $1,630 (tax and shipping included), and I'd have to add the cost of swapping the tires on the wheels, but I could sell the OEM wheels.

Thanks,

Todd

How are you getting $1941? I clicked on your link and it says they're $1700 right now. With the 10% off coupon right now it's probably going to be like $1500 and you don't even have to wait for black friday.

How are you getting $1941? I clicked on your link and it says they're $1700 right now. With the 10% off coupon right now it's probably going to be like $1500 and you don't even have to wait for black friday.
Hey,

Yes, that’s probably a bit high, because I counted shipping, but also tax. Even without the shipping, it’s still about $1,620 with the discount and tax.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Thanks,

Todd

I am also waiting on the Black Friday sale for those exact same wheels. I have a Performance so looking to downsize wheels for the winter.

I do think the $960 to powder coat them is a good deal though, if that is all in. Even with the sale price you gotta swap tires so another $100 or so...about twice the cost for more or less the same/similar look. If it were me I'd go the powdercoat route, I've done that before and been happy.