Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC w/ stay in lane - change lanes without turning off stay in lane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 M3LR - TACC right stalk double down turns on stay in lane option. Not sure if/how one might change lanes without turning off stay-in-lane. Turning on turn signal to change lanes seems to be part of an upgrade package? If I take control of the steering wheel to change lanes, regardless of turn signal status, stay-in-lane is disabled until manually re-engaged.
If above is normal operation with stock software, that’s fine. I just didn’t want to assume this wasn’t just user ignorance.

Joe M in WV

That's normal (and unfortunate), although what you are describing is called autosteer (not TACC), and is part of the Basic Autopilot package. TACC is speed only and is engaged with a single "click"). The turn signal initiated auto-lane change is part of the Enhanced Autopilot (or above) packages.

Yes, that is a nice feature. I just don't think it's quite worth $6K or whatever they are charging for EAP these days. If you do turn on the turn signal, however, apparently it is easier to disengage the autosteer (without the turn signal, it takes quite a yank). Either way, you need to re-engage it once in the new lane. I say it's unfortunate because it seems like other brands have this kind of feature. It may not be fully automatic, but at least the car automatically re-acquires the lane keeping assist once it's in the new lane. It would be great if Tesla would do the same.

Reactions: brianbcc and Kimmi