Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take over leased Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I’m 6 months into my 36-month lease on my Model Y. I’m thinking of doing a lease transfer. Does anyone know the process on how to go about?

Tesla has those options here (which I found quickly by googling "tesla lease end options".

Note that TMC only allows people to advertise their cars for sale , lease option, etc in a specific forum for that purpose:

Since this post is "what is the process" not "how much should I / Can I get, anyone want to take it over" your post can likely stay here instead of being moved there, as long as the thread doesnt go in that direction.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0
Hello,
I’m 6 months into my 36-month lease on my Model Y. I’m thinking of doing a lease transfer. Does anyone know the process on how to go about?

You can also try selling your leased Y to a company like Carvana. With the current used market being what it is that may work out even better for you.

Upvote 0
But the lease out and sell it to a third party like carvana, vroom, or givemethevin. It’s worth more than what you originally “paid”.
You could never buy a MY or M3 lease. Recently Tesla stopped allowing 3rd party car dealerships from buying MY and M3 leases as well. It’s clearly written on the Tesla website now. There’s no clarification needed anymore with where Tesla stands with this.

• Informative
Reactions: N1L CO2
Upvote 0
Tesla has those options here (which I found quickly by googling "tesla lease end options".

Note that TMC only allows people to advertise their cars for sale , lease option, etc in a specific forum for that purpose:

Since this post is "what is the process" not "how much should I / Can I get, anyone want to take it over" your post can likely stay here instead of being moved there, as long as the thread doesnt go in that direction.
Thanks for letting me know. I’m new to this forum so I didn’t know.

Upvote 0