Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking a freeway exit on Cruise Control and Autosteer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I was wondering if has taken exits on a freeway using Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer/Autopilot? I have a questions about what happens to the set speed. Note: I am not talking about Navigate on Autopilot feature which does slows down the car.
According to the manual, if a driver in the right most lane is using the cruise control and turns on the turn signal within 50 meters of a freeway exit, the car realizes that you are about to take an exit and begins to slow down. So, I wonder what happens in the following scenarios:
1) You are on Cruise Control (not on Autosteer), driving in right most lane, and you take the exit, without using the turn signal, will the car still slow down when taking the off ramp to safe speed?
2) You are on Autosteer (Navigate on Autopilot not engaged), driving in the right most lane, and you engage the right turn signal within 50 meters of an exit, will the car take the exit or continue driving straight? If it is capable of taking the exit, will it slow down?

Thanks much