Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery this Saturday at Mt Kisco, but not sure how build quality goes..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I have scheduled for pickup for the model 3 SR this Saturday at Mt Kisco, but since I'm living 230miles away, it takes 6+hrs (I sold my car to CarMax already) to get there.

The only thing I'm worried about is whether the build quality is acceptable, and if it isn't, I would risk spending 12+hrs traveling and ending up with nothing..

I wonder if anyone here is going to take delivery this week and perhaps would be able to help kindly take a quick look at the car?

It will be very much appreciated!

Brian

My delivery/pickup was similar to yours (Mt Kisco, 6+ hours). I'd never thought of "build quality" for any past car purchases, and never experienced any issues in that regard with any of them.

When purchasing my Model 3, the forums were littered with "build quality" posts, including very detailed checklists to bring with you on delivery day. I got caught up in that and expected to print and bring one of those checklists... but by chance forgot to do it.

The "build quality" was just as any past car purchase - everything was as designed, zero issues. I'm not saying it's impossible for your car to have quality issues, just that it seems like a bigger problem than it is because typically forums have lots of complaint posts, but very few "my car had no quality issues" posts.

People tend to complain when something goes wrong, but have no reason to report when things go as expected, because... well... that was expected. Makes sense.

Congrats on the best car ever! Hoping your delivery was as smooth as mine.

My delivery/pickup was similar to yours (Mt Kisco, 6+ hours). I'd never thought of "build quality" for any past car purchases, and never experienced any issues in that regard with any of them.

When purchasing my Model 3, the forums were littered with "build quality" posts, including very detailed checklists to bring with you on delivery day. I got caught up in that and expected to print and bring one of those checklists... but by chance forgot to do it.

The "build quality" was just as any past car purchase - everything was as designed, zero issues. I'm not saying it's impossible for your car to have quality issues, just that it seems like a bigger problem than it is because typically forums have lots of complaint posts, but very few "my car had no quality issues" posts.

People tend to complain when something goes wrong, but have no reason to report when things go as expected, because... well... that was expected. Makes sense.

Congrats on the best car ever! Hoping your delivery was as smooth as mine.
That's true, there is certainly some survivorship bias involved. I'm glad to hear your experience, it gave me some confidence in moving forward!