Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery tomorrow. Thoughts on paint quality of most recent production Tesla's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pickup from this week had all the usual paint defects - colored specks and spots, bumps and dimples, etc. Some minor misalignment issues. Some scratches on the body.

No issues of misalignment on roof panels, or missing paint from interior or hidden surfaces.

I thought I had some major scratches on the B-pillar - where the cameras are located. Turns out my delivery center never peeled off the protective film that covers the glass in this area. If your B-pillar has a matte or hazy appearance, try picking at the edge with a finger nail and see if the plastic is still there. If you don't take this off, I would guess that after several weeks it would get so hazy and wrinkled that it will become obvious that it's been there all along. Might also help improve the cameras vision in these areas.

Went by the service center today. I still have my appointment but the gentleman I talked to at the service center gave my car a look over and I pointed out some of the areas I was concerned with and he validated some of my concerns.

I parked directly behind another red model 3, this one an LR AWD optioned with rims.

I did not see any paint defects on that car or the indentation that I have on my A pillar. (I had about ten mins to sit and look at that car while I was waiting for the service employee to finish with his customer)

One of the porters came upto me and asked what I was doing or if I was waiting for someone. I explained that I was standing by and comparing the two cars.

PhotoGrid_1576910260561.jpg

Took my car in for my service appointment today. They're going to détail the car and see if they can fix the paint issues by buffing and applying touch up.

However if that isn't successful they'll probably end up repainting the car.

I was given a 2019 Model S 75D with supercharging included as a loaner until my car is fixed to my satisfaction.

Could be 3 days. Could be a week... Tomorrow they'll let me know for sure.

TLDR: Took delivery 12/04 and today 01/02/2020 was first available body shop appointment to fix several paint defects. Odometer when I turned it in was 1017.

Screenshot_20200102-193234_Tesla.jpg