Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa/Brandon Paint Shop Recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my Model S through an automatic car wash the other day and now a piece of paint about the size of a dime just fell off the driver’s side door and my side view mirror paint is peeling too. I called the certified shop in Lakeland and they wanted $2300 for these two tiny blotches because they basically have to disassemble the door and remove the frunk to deactivate the main battery to perform the repair according to the Tesla standard. Two months waiting time and a week for the job.

I am willing to put up with a less than pristine paint repair that isn’t so extreme, but is still a good match. Any reputable paint shops out there that don’t have to disassemble half the car for a very minor paint repair?

Many thanks.

I took my Model S through an automatic car wash the other day and now a piece of paint about the size of a dime just fell off the driver’s side door and my side view mirror paint is peeling too. I called the certified shop in Lakeland and they wanted $2300 for these two tiny blotches because they basically have to disassemble the door and remove the frunk to deactivate the main battery to perform the repair according to the Tesla standard. Two months waiting time and a week for the job.

I am willing to put up with a less than pristine paint repair that isn’t so extreme, but is still a good match. Any reputable paint shops out there that don’t have to disassemble half the car for a very minor paint repair?

Many thanks. also click here to see the best painter
I am looking For recommendations on these paints…(or others)
my brother and I are going to paint my Mustang later this year…he has experience working with automotive spray products…I am going for a 72 Sprint 2 tone grabber blue over Wimbledon white look….

My car is going to be a driver, not a show car, and keeping costs under control is important, but I want reasonably good quality products….a balance….a 2 stage over compatible primer…

I have looked at PPG Deltron, it appears to be around $7-800 per gallon, a bit out of what I want to spend…

Also saw PPG Omni..it’s lower cost, anyone work with it?

and, TPC Global, Restoration Shop line. anyone use it?

or what’s another reasonably priced paint