Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa Service Center Now a Store/Gallery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TI Sailor

Supporting Member
May 4, 2013
Treasure Island, FL
I just noticed the Tampa Service Center, ala Dania Beach, is now listed on the TM web site as a store/gallery. Despite lack of nearby amenities, what's the likelihood this location will also become the Tampa supercharger station? IIRC, other threads have speculated on this possibility, with most respondents hoping for somewhere a little less isolated, e.g., Brandon Town Center.

I just noticed the Tampa Service Center, ala Dania Beach, is now listed on the TM web site as a store/gallery. Despite lack of nearby amenities, what's the likelihood this location will also become the Tampa supercharger station? IIRC, other threads have speculated on this possibility, with most respondents hoping for somewhere a little less isolated, e.g., Brandon Town Center.

Hi Bill,

Yes, I noticed that the Tampa Service Center is now scheduling test drives.

And yes, there are rumors that the service centers will receive Superchargers. If you look at the Supercharger "dot" map there are dots in the locations where the service centers are located. Personally I think it is quite possible that Tesla chose to show service center Superchargers on the interactive map. After all why not claim credit for this even if it is mainly for the benefit of service center operations?

However, even if Model S owners are permitted to charge there, realisticallly they really need Supercharger stations with multiple Superchargers and amenities.

I am happy with the work the Supercharger team has accomplished. I do feel that they are listening to us and there are reasons for optimism. For example, club members who have emailed the Supercharger team have received assurances that Supercharger stations will be installed, in the not too distant future, at locations not even listed on the interactive map. For example, we were told that a Supercharger station will probably be installed in the Orlando area or the Gainesville/Ocala region. Neither area is currently on the interactive map.

So as you mentioned, being an optimist I am hoping that the dots located in the service center areas will eventually turn out to be in suitable malls.

Larry