TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Taptes steering wheel cover

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by andrewsjra, Sep 21, 2019.

1. andrewsjra

andrewsjra Member

Has anyone purchased the Taptes steering wheel cover? Just curious if it’s any good. Never purchased any Taptes stuff before but it looks nice. Would like some extra grip on the steering wheel.

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I don't have this particular cover, but I tried a similar product on my Prius years ago.

It's just stretched around the steering wheel but doesn't cover it all the way around, so when you grip the wheel, part of your hands are touching the cover material and part of them are touching the wheel material underneath, which feels a bit weird. If you rotate your hands while gripping the wheel, the cover can feel loose there. I also thought it was kind of tacky looking.

For my Prius, I ended up getting a custom leather steering wheel cover that's stitched on snugly and securely. Since the Model 3 already has a leather steering wheel, I don't feel the need to put something else over it.

3. JasonTM3

JasonTM3 New Member

I personally don't like the one from Taptes for the reason BluestarE3 mentioned. I saw an alcantara one on Facebook from a Chinese website, but I lost that post and can't find it anymore.

4. SemoTech

SemoTech Member

Here is the link: Steering Wheel Cover for Tesla Model 3
    Looks ugly on the steering wheel in my opinion.

Some of their other stuff like charger and wheel bands is great, just takes forever to get to US from China.

5. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

6. JasonTM3

JasonTM3 New Member

Anyone know of an alcantara steering wheel cover?