Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Clunk and Thump on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All...

So after doing research and reading a ton of forums, I decided to go with the Tein EnduraPro suspension kit for My 2022 MYP, you know to soften those potholes!

One major issue is thunking and clicking noise I've been getting since the first minute I drove away after install. I get them from the rear, and it almost sounds like something is not in place? After speaking to the installer, they are suggesting that the bump stock is potentially causing the noise, because it is free to bounce up and down, with nothing keeping it place, like a boot provision. We elected NOT to use the dust boot, but kept the OEM bump stock. Is a restriction free bump stock a normal practice in vehicles? What is causing this clicking and thunking? Anyone else with the same problem?

No need for "silencers", something in the install isn't correct and needs to be properly diagnosed.

Could be the rear mount isn't sitting correctly or a failed rear shock mount(s). Here's a picture of a failed mount (top) vs new mount (bottom)

ezgif-1-9b32efbe2d.jpg

Let me know if you want us to take a look, I'm certain we can get this fixed up.

Reactions: fiehlsport
No need for "silencers", something in the install isn't correct and needs to be properly diagnosed.

Could be the rear mount isn't sitting correctly or a failed rear shock mount(s). Here's a picture of a failed mount (top) vs new mount (bottom)

View attachment 1033434

Let me know if you want us to take a look, I'm certain we can get this fixed up.
Thanks for this. I’ll try to find some time to sort this out. The car also appears to be slightly elevated in the front. Seems like I’m leaning back about an inch. Confirmed this with a difference in front wheel gap and rear is about one night