Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Issue - Squeaking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I agree.. this is just normal sound . I changed my settings to 8 F / 10 R and then 10 F / 10 R. I still can hear the squeak but it is not as noticeable as it was with rear setting at 12.. This is only when there are medium-large bumps.

Not sure if I want to go stiffer like 6/8 settings and it will eliminate the noise completely.

22 MY LR

Yeah I agree.. this is just normal sound . I changed my settings to 8 F / 10 R and then 10 F / 10 R. I still can hear the squeak but it is not as noticeable as it was with rear setting at 12.. This is only when there are medium-large bumps.

Not sure if I want to go stiffer like 6/8 settings and it will eliminate the noise completely.

22 MY LR
Define normal. My install seems unusual. I hear what I can only describe as “clicking” or occasional light thumping. Especially when pulling into driveways and lots. Anyone else describe these rear noises this way? Or is everyone else’s more of a high pitch squeak. Either way, I think something is wrong I would expect more to complain about this clicking.

Reactions: ltdan457
Anyone found a fix for this ? Looks like the damper may not be the issue - I am still trying for a warranty repair to see if it resolves the squeak
I recently installed the Tein endurpro plus and squeaking noises from front and rear on bumps and dips on the road. It turns out I was setting the damper adjustment wrong.

I interpreted the picture instruction wrong where softest setting is counterclockwise (all the way to the end, softest =0) instead of clockwise (stiffest =0). Tein’s picture manual shows softest setting at 16 clicks from the stiffest setting. Anything >16 clicks could potentially damage the shock absorber. After I dialed in my settings (F=10, R=14), squeaking noise is gone.

Hope there were no long term damage to those struts and shocks since I went pass max 16 driving for a week.

Reactions: ltdan457
I swapped the OEM dampers for this last September and have been having the squeak though it has improved over time.

Today I took it to the installer and he took a few pics and video of the noise to send back to Tein.

One thing I also did is to go from 12 setting in the rear back to 8 - and that has improved handling - earlier it was bouncing a lot and maybe the soft damper coupled with OEM springs of 22 was not a good combination

Will update once I hear back from Tein