Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Issue - Squeaking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue for about 2-3 weeks but it has considerably reduced. I think it’s got to do with the Tesla dust boot being used in the rear in the Teins though I am not 100% sure. See if you are able to pull the dust boot down - it just snaps to the top and you can access it behind the tire without a jack.

I had the same issue for about 2-3 weeks but it has considerably reduced. I think it’s got to do with the Tesla dust boot being used in the rear in the Teins though I am not 100% sure. See if you are able to pull the dust boot down - it just snaps to the top and you can access it behind the tire without a jack.
Do you still have the OEM boots there or did you remove them?

After about a month worth of driving, the intermittent chirp at the rear passenger-side damper completely disappeared on its own. The install included the dust boot and unmodified bump stop. I guess the Tein needed some time to settle/break-in.
Wow, speaking of Rear Passenger side. I had a similar issue but was told by the technician that it was from the spherical bearing(s) of my N2itive camber. So, I don't know whether the the noise came from TEIN or N2itive. LOL. My case has a "cricket" like sound, or maybe "chirp" sound as the car rolls to 30+ mph.

Here is a link to the squeak noise I'm experiencing again for reference since the original link is no longer working:

The squeak has gotten less noticeable but has not been resolved.

My installer does not use the dust boot on any Tein installs because it is not designed to attach properly/use with the Tein Endurapros.

In the end my MYLR suspension is just not great. Like I said I drove only BMW X5s previously and I think having come from a great suspension just makes it worse for me. This also applies to build quality. Man...if this car had a decent suspension and build quality I would be so in love with it.

Here is a link to the squeak noise I'm experiencing again for reference since the original link is no longer working:

The squeak has gotten less noticeable but has not been resolved.

My installer does not use the dust boot on any Tein installs because it is not designed to attach properly/use with the Tein Endurapros.

In the end my MYLR suspension is just not great. Like I said I drove only BMW X5s previously and I think having come from a great suspension just makes it worse for me. This also applies to build quality. Man...if this car had a decent suspension and build quality I would be so in love with it.
I have a this noise too when going over bumps. I have the OEM bump stops and dust boots on. Have you contacted TEIN yet? I reached out to them and they asked me to send a video of the noise plus photos of it installed.

I definitely think this improved my '22 MYLR ride quality. It' just annoying that it has this sound emitting from the rear. What settings are you on?

I also find it odd too that a lot of users are experiencing the similar noises in the rear passenger. I haven't been able to record the sound and send to TEIN to possibly diagnose the issue. I just went on a road trip and I still hear the noise when going over bumps at a certain speed. Could it be the factory springs causing this issue? Seems like everyone who retains the factory springs regardless of version are experiencing this noise.

I still have it as well on my 22MYLR with Tein Endura Pro Plus dampers, and I have a suspicion that it's due to the 2022 OEM spring rates with excessive play due to the softer damper setting. I am going to try to set rear to around 8 and then see if the noise is still happening. Its just hard to adjust the rears :(

I agree that it has to do with the OEM spring rates. I was originally going to re-adjust the front and rears from 10/12 to 8/10 for my road trip but I didn't have the time to. @srican you mention even with 10/10 you are hearing it? I was planning on rotating my tires this weekend so I will try 8/8 this weekend and report back if there are any noises still

I agree that it has to do with the OEM spring rates. I was originally going to re-adjust the front and rears from 10/12 to 8/10 for my road trip but I didn't have the time to. @srican you mention even with 10/10 you are hearing it? I was planning on rotating my tires this weekend so I will try 8/8 this weekend and report back if there are any noises still
Mine is at 12 in the rear - so yes I will try to dial it to 8 and see if it improves it.