Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temperature indoor outdoor difference without ac on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me with camp mode.

The indoor temp is rising after a while, but the outdoor temp is quite low. So no need for AC you would expect. The ventilation speed is set to max for this test. The sensors are working appropriately according to the app. It seems that something is warming up the fresh air coming from the outside.
IMG_7827.png

If you are camping in the car, and the fan is set to max, you have manually turned off A/C, and you are in manual mode. The car will heat up from the computers and people inside. Also, is Recirc on preventing fresh air from coming in from the cooler outside?

If you are camping in the car, and the fan is set to max, you have manually turned off A/C, and you are in manual mode. The car will heat up from the computers and people inside. Also, is Recirc on preventing fresh air from coming in from the cooler outside?
Thanks for your response! Recirculation is off. But I checked again and it will go on automatically if the airspeed is higher than 8. So the “max speed” is 8 in my test case.

But the strange thing is still that the air from the vents is a bit hotter than the outside air with AC off. Could it be that it is adding like a percentage of fresh air and recirculate the other percentage?