Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 400 amp CT with 500 mcm feed from grid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My solar install folks are having an issue showing me what I am using. They had to order a Tesla 400 amp CT on the commercial side to fit my 400 amp service. But the issue they are having is my feed from the pole/grid is on a 500 mcm cable and the Tesla 400 amp CT won't fit. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution. Forgive me I am not an electrician, just relaying what I am being told.

Ok talked to the certified installer hotline for Tesla. and they are aware of this issue but it just doesn't come up often enough to warrant an updated CT. So he suggested instead of using the Tesla Inverters, use the Non Backup Tesla Gateway with W1 inverters built in and I get an 800 CT which will fit the wires needed. Will see what my electricians say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok talked to the certified installer hotline for Tesla. and they are aware of this issue but it just doesn't come up often enough to warrant an updated CT. So he suggested instead of using the Tesla Inverters, use the Non Backup Tesla Gateway with W1 inverters built in and I get an 800 CT which will fit the wires needed. Will see what my electricians say.
The correct solution is the W1 neurio with the 800A CT's. They will fit over your 500 kcmil wires.

Last edited by a moderator: