Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Connection Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having the same issue.

I logged out of the app and then kept getting errors about incorrect username and password when attempting to log back in. I deleted and reinstalled the app and can still not log in.

I called Tesla in Brooklyn they were initially not very helpful: "you need to reset your password, sir!!"

but then when I explained to them (for the 3rd time) that I was able to access the MyTesla page on my desktop without issue, they relented and said they are having connectivity issues.

they asked me to "call back tomorrow"

but at least I know it's not a problem on my end.

I don't understand why so many people panic because there's a temporary loss of service. Its either at&t or your carrier, or the Tesla servers. It happens from time to time. It happens alot less the last couple of years than it did in '12 and '13. But its not the only thing that sometimes it down. Why does everyone get so upset and rush to the forum to ask, Is it me?

I dont understand why some people call a simple question about connectivity issue a
? Why some people assume that
?
It's a simple question to determine the next logical troubleshooting step - why is it so hard to understand for some people?
Because if you've done nothing recently on your side of the comm, its most likely not you or your equip. Before they jump on the forum and start asking - stop, calm down and be a little bit patient. There ought to be a rule that no one post asking if they too are disconnected until 24 hours like a missing person.