Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App down? [02.14.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being a newcomer to the world of Tesla, is it normal for the app to be down for this long? It's been hours and it bounces back and forth between "server maintenance" and "server error". Locally the system is doing it's job and if I test the connection from the gateway it says Tesla services are up and everything checks out, but the app is totally dead.

In EU if it matters, app dead for anyone else?

Interesting, my installer showed me a screenshot of their management portal to tesla which reports everything working fine. I guess they talk to some other system, good to know then it is in fact real maintenance.

I love the system but this is why I despise with every fiber of my being this forced always online connected to the cloud crap every company is trying to force on you. Yeah system still works but want to make changes you can only do via app? Sorry sir, wait till the server is back up!

i totally agree with you but from the standpoint of the company it is a million times easier to do it this way. unfortunately that's The Way It Is now.

I love the system but this is why I despise with every fiber of my being this forced always online connected to the cloud crap every company is trying to force on you. Yeah system still works but want to make changes you can only do via app? Sorry sir, wait till the server is back up!
Totally agree. It is just bad design based on the assumption that both your internet connection and the Tesla servers are always working. In practice they aren't, and Tesla hasn't even bothered to provide dual redundancy so that there is never maintenance outages. I have worked on mission critical 24/7 systems and it is possible to provide that. Or the simple and obvious solution would be to always give the owner local control of their devices.