Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App iOS Update: Version 3.4.4.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4223.PNG

Didn't notice any new UI/features but after updating the app opens very quickly and wakes my car from sleep 2-5 secs without lag. Summon still works with no issues.

Android updated as well. Don't notice anything major but there is now permanent notification that shows that the phone and car are connected and also allow quick access to unlocking the car, frunk and trunk without opening the app.

Android updated as well. Don't notice anything major but there is now permanent notification that shows that the phone and car are connected and also allow quick access to unlocking the car, frunk and trunk without opening the app.

Yeah, not a fan of the persistent notification on Android. Would much prefer to be able to swipe it away.

FYI, with the Android app, the persistent phone key status notification can be minimized (at least in Android Pie) so the icon is not constantly showing in the status bar and will only show up when the quick settings shade is pulled down. It can also be disabled completely from the status bar and the quick settings in the system settings for the app. This is the way I prefer it since I don't use the app often enough to justify a permanent presence on my home screen.

I'm with @KFORE , having a persistent notification icon is not ideal. Maybe I can tailor the behavior as @SDKoala says when I get Pie, but really, a set of widgets for unlocking/opening f|trunks would be much better.

Does going to the Tesla app notification settings give you an option to turn off notifications for just the phone key? This is what my settings screen looks like. I think the minimize behavior is new to Pie, but turning off the notifications should be possible in previous versions.

Screenshot (Aug 28, 2018 12_09_30 PM).png

Does going to the Tesla app notification settings give you an option to turn off notifications for just the phone key? This is what my settings screen looks like. I think the minimize behavior is new to Pie, but turning off the notifications should be possible in previous versions.

View attachment 329842

Yes, I can turn off the notification, but then I do lose the fairly useful easy access to unlock/open frunk/open trunk, so I'll go ahead and keep the notification on. I just wish I could "minimize" it similar to what you are describing.

Yes, I can turn off the notification, but then I do lose the fairly useful easy access to unlock/open frunk/open trunk, so I'll go ahead and keep the notification on. I just wish I could "minimize" it similar to what you are describing.

Got it. That's the exact reason widgets exist. Too bad the Tesla Android app team hasn't figured that out.

The Phone Key Status notification can be enabled but minimized. Long-press the notification, press Details, press Phone Key Status and change the Importance from High to Low. The notification will still be there for a quick unlock, minus the icon.

With this version the phonebkey is actually worse than before. It used to work 100% (samsung S9) but now whit the new version with constant notification, I sometimes have to unlock the phone and start the app otherwise the car won't open (it was already running, the notification was there). Anyone with similar experience?

With this version the phonebkey is actually worse than before. It used to work 100% (samsung S9) but now whit the new version with constant notification, I sometimes have to unlock the phone and start the app otherwise the car won't open (it was already running, the notification was there). Anyone with similar experience?
I have been on 3.4.4 for several days. No problem with my S9 as phone key. (Once or twice I had to push the door handle a second time to wake the car up. Waiting 3 seconds may have worked just as well, I suppose.)

Nope...I just couldn't stand the constant notification. Not only did it take up space in my notifications bar, but on my Moto z2 it would trigger the notification display to every 2-3 seconds. No thanks. I'll live without easy access to the frunk open.