Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app only lets me open the doors sometimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Tesla app, when I go to Control for my '23 MXLR, It will always allow me to unlock the doors, but it only gives me an option to open the doors sometimes.

It doesn't appear to be related to other vehicles being too close or anything of that nature so I'm really not sure what it is.

Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas on a fix?

Thank you in advance!

In the Tesla app, when I go to Control for my '23 MXLR, It will always allow me to unlock the doors, but it only gives me an option to open the doors sometimes.

It doesn't appear to be related to other vehicles being too close or anything of that nature so I'm really not sure what it is.

Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas on a fix?

Thank you in advance!
Are you always standing next to the car when you attempt this? Unlatching the door is not like controlling locks, which can be done from the other side of the planet. Unlatching the door requires you to be physically near the door.

Are you always standing next to the car when you attempt this? Unlatching the door is not like controlling locks, which can be done from the other side of the planet. Unlatching the door requires you to be physically near the door.
I'll have to test, but I think that may be it.

The interesting thing is that sometimes I can open doors from inside my home and other times I can't...I guess that just means sometimes Bluetooth is connecting and other times it isn't (if that's what it's using for this).

Thank you for potentially solving this mystery for me!