Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla app won't take a phone number for service apt.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know others have this issue in the past. How can I schedule service if the app always my phone number is invalid? I checked my phone number is correct on my Tesla account online. I was able to enter some random digits and that got accepted..
This happened before and I was never notified when the tech arrived because it would only accept random digits instead of my phone number. How do I get service for their app! Actually it's weirder than that. It accepts my number if I put a 1 first - which I thought would be 1 for USA, but then it won't accept my full number, only if I truncate it missing the last digit.. which of course won't work.

I know others have this issue in the past. How can I schedule service if the app always my phone number is invalid? I checked my phone number is correct on my Tesla account online. I was able to enter some random digits and that got accepted..
This happened before and I was never notified when the tech arrived because it would only accept random digits instead of my phone number. How do I get service for their app! Actually it's weirder than that. It accepts my number if I put a 1 first - which I thought would be 1 for USA, but then it won't accept my full number, only if I truncate it missing the last digit.. which of course won't work.
Did you ever get a solution for this? Mine is doing the same. I'm in the UK and it won't accept the standard 07 start for a mobile, or +447 or 00447 ... can you shed any light on it. I've tried ringing tesla but as it's a saturday I can't get through ... I just want to finish booking a ranger appt.

Same problem in Luxembourg, I need to leave out my 2 last digit for the phone number to be "valid" and allow me to place a service request...+352 and then 9 digits wont work, has to be +352 then 7 digits... Anyone got this fixed?

Got the same issue: in my case it was the "regional" setting of the phone... I usually set it to English (USA) but got an european telephone number and it's trying to "cross-validate".
Solution has been to switch temporary the phone language (use the language/country of the phone number)!

Beware that the app will restart and you lose the entry you where writing (copy the description of the service).

Older versions of the app didn't have this problem.

Bye