Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla approved body shops refusing cars with State Farm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard from a few Tesla Approved body shops near me in Los Angeles that refuse to take on a car insured by State Farm. My agent found only two anywhere near me (within 20 miles) that they work with and their reviews are not as good as the others, so I’m at a bit of a loss here. Anyone else see this happening with State Farm? I have had them for over 25 years with multiple policies With never an issue, so I’m shocked at this. I read a few posts about State Farm increasing Tesla rates recently, too.
This is still true 2 years later. Do not get State Farm insurance if you own a Tesla. I got rear ended a month ago and my car is still not fixed because State Farm will not accept any Tesla certified body shops .

Note to anyone with statefarm who owns a telsa. I have statefarm and they gave me an estimate to get my car repaired. however the estimate is for bodyshops who labor is $45 a hour. none of those shops are not certified or will not work on a telsa. the only 2 companies in my area who will work on a telsa but their labor rate is $90 hour. statefarm says their labor rate is based on the labor rate for the area. the labor rate is based on companies who dont work on telsa. i brought this small atttention to details to them and was told it doesnt matter if they repair telsa or not. this makes no sense to me so i ask the agent can you find me a place in my area who could fix my car for $45 hour, agent reply i cant find one. WTF. so statefarm is telling me i have to pay my monthly payment, deductible, and the difference in labor cost. i been with statefarm for 20 years. Beware of statefarm. Also the 2 companies who repairs telsa both said the same thing when i told them i had a telsa do you have statefarm. i said yes and they said they are not going to pay our labor they was right. Beware of statefarm..