Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at the scene of a rollover, RT3 in Billerica

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chewy13

ts.la/nick670348
Feb 8, 2021
Massachusetts
1700063992304.png

If you're on here... share the dashcam :), as long as no one is severely injured of course.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I can't link to a video any better than this, but check out Diego Mota's comment at this Boston 25 Facebook post: (Be sure to select "all comments." Diego posted a video, though not from the MY.

A pickup truck cut off the MY as the former was changing lanes. After the pickup lost control, it hit the tanker truck.
Nice find. I'm in Billerica right by 129.. I don't even want to go anywhere now. Listening to the scanner, it's an absolute cluster..

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and Farmer
I can't link to a video any better than this, but check out Diego Mota's comment at this Boston 25 Facebook post: (Be sure to select "all comments.") Diego posted a video, though not from the MY.

A pickup truck cut off the MY as the former was changing lanes. After the pickup lost control, it hit the tanker truck.
I saw this tweet when it first came out this morning... The dashcam footage appears to have been from a truck just behind the accident as it happened - the footage has been slowed down so it's hard to tell how fast all vehicles involved where traveling as the incident unfolded.

I've been listening to the scanner all day long as the response unfolded. As of 5pm they are still working to empty or otherwise safe the tanker which was leaking thousands of gallons of gasoline from the time it turned over. I suspect the highway will be closed all night in one or perhaps both directions as they work to cleanup the spilled gas.

Let's all be careful out there - you never know when something unexpected will unfold around you.

I saw this tweet when it first came out this morning... The dashcam footage appears to have been from a truck just behind the accident as it happened - the footage has been slowed down so it's hard to tell how fast all vehicles involved where traveling as the incident unfolded.

I've been listening to the scanner all day long as the response unfolded. As of 5pm they are still working to empty or otherwise safe the tanker which was leaking thousands of gallons of gasoline from the time it turned over. I suspect the highway will be closed all night in one or perhaps both directions as they work to cleanup the spilled gas.

Let's all be careful out there - you never know when something unexpected will unfold around you.
There was a widely-circulated dashcam clip from a year or so back where a jacked up pickup in the center lane of a 3 or 4 lane highway lost its left, front wheel/tire because the bearing hub let go. Perhaps folks here saw it? The wheel/tire popped into the left lane where a woman in (iirc) a Subaru couldn't avoid it. The Subee was launched into the air at an oblique angle, did multiple rolls both in the air and then back on the pavement before stopping upright. The woman, wearing her seatbelt, was okay, but it was again a reminder of how the quietest, quiescent drives on an interstate can go so wrong between adjacent lanes in the snap of a finger. Likewise, today's accident, in this clip, if played at real time speed, would be even more shocking as to how fast the whole thing unfolds.