Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla begins sales of cheaper Model 3 car variant in China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you just read the title, you may think it is talking about the $35,000 USD Model 3 standard range. Lol

Tesla begins sales of cheaper Model 3 car variant in China

In reality, it's the model 3 LR RWD, and at $64,000 ish USD, Tesla would make a great profit there. You have to remember labor cost is much cheaper in China compares to USA, plus no import tariff, no shortage of buyers, and government there is pushing for Green/Clear air. Not to mentioned the R&D is already done. Oh, one more thing, in home charging and Supercharging should be easier there as well (unlike Hong Kong).

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and ZooSean
ben1628, just because you're Canadian and happen to think something Tesla-related is interesting or worthy of discussion doesn't qualify it for posting in the Canada subforum of TMC. Have you used discussion boards/forums like TMC before?

If so, you should certainly know better; Knock it off.

If not, then take this as a mild reproof and guidance/instruction. It's important to post threads in the proper sections where they are relevant so that not only are discussions/topics more easily found when searched for, but also so that those who are interested in a specific topic/area are most likely to see it even without actively searching. That will ensure a topic gets the best visibility and generates the best and most robust discussion. It will dilute the quality of those discussions if a given topic is being discussed willy-nilly in 5 different places instead of just in 1 or 2. This particular section of TMC is for topics/discussion of things that are specifically, directly, and unambiguously related to Canada. The article you've linked has literally nothing to do with Canada. Hence, this is not the place for it.

Areas of TMC where this topic might be a good fit:

Thank you for your future adherence to this standard. ;)

ben1628, just because you're Canadian and happen to think something Tesla-related is interesting or worthy of discussion doesn't qualify it for posting in the Canada subforum of TMC. Have you used discussion boards/forums like TMC before?

If so, you should certainly know better; Knock it off.

If not, then take this as a mild reproof and guidance/instruction. It's important to post threads in the proper sections where they are relevant so that not only are discussions/topics more easily found when searched for, but also so that those who are interested in a specific topic/area are most likely to see it even without actively searching. That will ensure a topic gets the best visibility and generates the best and most robust discussion. It will dilute the quality of those discussions if a given topic is being discussed willy-nilly in 5 different places instead of just in 1 or 2. This particular section of TMC is for topics/discussion of things that are specifically, directly, and unambiguously related to Canada. The article you've linked has literally nothing to do with Canada. Hence, this is not the place for it.

Areas of TMC where this topic might be a good fit:

Thank you for your future adherence to this standard. ;)

Why not, many ppl such as me here are Chinese origin, good to hear news in China. For you, you can just ignore the post.

And I'm sure there are expatriate Canadian TMC users living in China who might be interested in news/articles/discussion about Tesla's plans and doings in Canada. And if I saw that they started threads about those in the Asia/Pacific section I would have replied with essentially the exact same comment as I did above, only pointing to the Canada section. If ben's thread/article had been exactly the same, but about Model 3 roll out in Europe I would have replied with the same comment only pointing to the European section. Etc. The point isn't that only Canadians can have interest in posts in the Canada section or that Canadians can't have interest in news/etc. about China or anywhere else. It's that the sections are there for a reason, the reasons being that those who wish to read about or discuss a topic will know where to look for it, that keeping things in the correct section will increase the likelihood of interested people seeing it even without actively searching, that the discussion will tend to have the most informed participants and therefore be of highest possible quality, that it won't clutter up and obscure posts that are actually on-topic for a given section, and lastly instead of garnering a sprinkling of replies from people who happen to share such a tangential interest to the section topic, when posted in the proper sections it will hopefully garner many more responses and actually generate valuable discussion.

If you are interested in Tesla's doings in China, then watch the Asia/Pacific section (and maybe the Hong Kong subsection specifically) because that's where articles/discussion about Tesla's doings in China should be posted. If you're interested in the Model X, then watch the Model X section. If you're interested in buying/selling Tesla parts, then watch the Marketplace section. Etc, etc.

EDIT: BTW, this will be the last comment I make in this thread. If you or anyone else wants to continue discussion of this with me, feel free to PM me or start a thread on it in an appropriate section and reply with a link.

Last edited:
And I'm sure there are expatriate Canadian TMC users living in China who might be interested in news/articles/discussion about Tesla's plans and doings in Canada. And if I saw that they started threads about those in the Asia/Pacific section I would have replied with essentially the exact same comment as I did above, only pointing to the Canada section. If ben's thread/article had been exactly the same, but about Model 3 roll out in Europe I would have replied with the same comment only pointing to the European section. Etc. The point isn't that only Canadians can have interest in posts in the Canada section or that Canadians can't have interest in news/etc. about China or anywhere else. It's that the sections are there for a reason, the reasons being that those who wish to read about or discuss a topic will know where to look for it, that keeping things in the correct section will increase the likelihood of interested people seeing it even without actively searching, that the discussion will tend to have the most informed participants and therefore be of highest possible quality, that it won't clutter up and obscure posts that are actually on-topic for a given section, and lastly instead of garnering a sprinkling of replies from people who happen to share such a tangential interest to the section topic, when posted in the proper sections it will hopefully garner many more responses and actually generate valuable discussion.

If you are interested in Tesla's doings in China, then watch the Asia/Pacific section (and maybe the Hong Kong subsection specifically) because that's where articles/discussion about Tesla's doings in China should be posted. If you're interested in the Model X, then watch the Model X section. If you're interested in buying/selling Tesla parts, then watch the Marketplace section. Etc, etc.

EDIT: BTW, this will be the last comment I make in this thread. If you or anyone else wants to continue discussion of this with me, feel free to PM me or start a thread on it in an appropriate section and reply with a link.

Saying it is last post for this thread won't make your post better..

As long as the post is not offensive, it should be allowed. Why would someone needs to determine whether the post has Canadian Content before he can post.

I'm not trying to post everywhere, I see something interesting and like to share. So now I have to determine whether I can post here, forum is for people to share information, not blocking them. If the moderator thinks it should some place else, he can do so.

Case in point, should all these posts been moved, and where?

1/ Where to wash Tuxmat. Is it because it is a Canadian dealer, we can talk about it here?
2/ Share Tuxmat coupon.
3/ 12 Volt battery not charging. Oh, because it is related to cold weather?
4/ Software update. And it shows up everywhere, shouldn't it be in a Software update sub forum which we don't even have.

If nobody finds the post interesting, it will just go the back of the queue in couple of days. Like this one lol

Reactions: MarcoRP
As long as the post is not offensive, it should be allowed. Why would someone needs to determine whether the post has Canadian Content before he can post.

I'm not trying to post everywhere, I see something interesting and like to share. So now I have to determine whether I can post here, forum is for people to share information, not blocking them. If the moderator thinks it should some place else, he can do so.

1/ Where to wash Tuxmat. Is it because it is a Canadian dealer, we can talk about it here?
2/ Share Tuxmat coupon.
4/ Software update. And it shows up everywhere, shouldn't it be in a Software update sub forum which we don't even have.

If nobody finds the post interesting, it will just go the back of the queue in couple of days. Like this one lol

Agree.:)

2/ Share Tuxmat coupon.

So the significant factor is: Canada = Cold Weather = Affects the daily life of your car

Therefore:

1.) Tuxmats are all weather mats that mitigate the grime of Canadian climates
2.) Same as #1
3.) Yes, cold weather in Canada affects your 12V battery
4.) Some software updates are Canadian Specific, enable Canadian Specific features, or enable cold weather specific features

Posting articles about the Chinese market doesn't actually relate to anything about how your drive your car in Canada.