Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Center Lyndhurst, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been routinely checking inventory on waitingfortesla.com for incoming vehicles, and regularly this particular center keeps getting new vehicles. Wonder if anyone has insight on why this particular location gets more vehicles than other locations? For example, every time I check, this location is always on the list.

Reactions: jchasman
Wonder if anyone has insight on why this particular location (Tesla Center Lyndhurst, OH) gets more vehicles than other locations?

I noticed that Lyndhurst, OH is located 7 miles away from a major CSX Intermodal Terminal,
so this might be a Tesla hub from where the Tesla coming from Fremont or Austin
get then transported by trucks to some East Coast Tesla delivery centers.

The Lyndhurst, OH might provide a buffer when there is not enough trucks available or other reasons.

US Freight .jpg US Clevland CSX .jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BailMY and thetuk
I have been routinely checking inventory on waitingfortesla.com for incoming vehicles, and regularly this particular center keeps getting new vehicles. Wonder if anyone has insight on why this particular location gets more vehicles than other locations? For example, every time I check, this location is always on the list.

You ain't just kiddin'! of the 20 MYs available in inventory nationwide, 10 of them are at Lyndhurst! 😲

I noticed that Lyndhurst, OH is located 7 miles away from a major CSX Intermodal Terminal,
so this might be a Tesla hub from where the Tesla coming from Fremont or Austin
get then transported by trucks to some East Coast Tesla delivery centers.

The Lyndhurst, OH might provide a buffer when there is not enough trucks available or other reasons.

View attachment 907416 View attachment 907415
Oh good, maybe that means I'll actually get mine on time.

Well, maybe that's how I got lucky with my MY last week... I test-drove there in Jan, hoping to get a MY before April, but was hoping for a 7-seat white/white or blue/white with tow hitch and fancy tires.

Guess my surprise what popped into inventory that night, a 7-seat W/W with tow hitch and fancy tires. Perfect timing, and I took delivery the next week.

I picked up my MYLR from Lyndhurst on Tuesday (I live in Dayton - 200 miles away.) I asked one of the SAs why they received so many of the inventory MYs. She said it's because they have a huge lot. When I asked if it had anything to do with the CSX hub, she said they all arrive by truck from Chicago.