Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Changed My Payment Option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

This is a bit of a weird one—I couldn’t find anything quite like it across the internet, but point me in the right direction if I’m missing something.

I reached out to my SA because my wife and I purchased a new house and I needed to update the registration information. After that happened, it appears that I was transferred to a different Tesla employee (via text) who asked me to confirm whether my purchase would truly be cash (as was selected) or if I intended on pursuing a loan. I told the employee that we hadn’t decided yet, but that I’d prefer to leave it as cash for now. Nonetheless, when I checked my app after the conversation, Tesla changed my payment option to Tesla Lending.

I quickly switched it back to cash, worried that my incomplete profile would lead to a delay in delivery or push me back to the end of the line. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there any reason to believe that this change in payment option may have kicked me back to the end of the line? Thanks!

There is so much of people changing registration information "Because XXX" (which is normally related to them trying to figure out how to sell the reservation, etc) that tesla likely looks at anyone changing reservation information for anything sort of "side - eyed".

No idea if it bumps you back in line, and no idea why a rep would do that, other than they are likely tired of all the registration swapping, and you got caught up in that.

There is so much of people changing registration information "Because XXX" (which is normally related to them trying to figure out how to sell the reservation, etc) that tesla likely looks at anyone changing reservation information for anything sort of "side - eyed".

No idea if it bumps you back in line, and no idea why a rep would do that, other than they are likely tired of all the registration swapping, and you got caught up in that.
Interesting — didn’t know about the disfavored view on registration changes. Can’t figure out why they made the change either, just hoping it doesn’t make any difference.

Wondering how you were able to change your payment option through the app/account settings? I erroneously fat-fingered cash option when I actually needed to start the financing-loan process. It seems to have locked me in as cash payment and cannot find anywhere to change back to the loan option. I'd like to get started on the credit application process right away but have been on hold for the past 30 minutes

Wondering how you were able to change your payment option through the app/account settings? I erroneously fat-fingered cash option when I actually needed to start the financing-loan process. It seems to have locked me in as cash payment and cannot find anywhere to change back to the loan option. I'd like to get started on the credit application process right away but have been on hold for the past 30 minutes
Reply to one of the texts from Tesla that you want to change from cash to financing and an SA will do it for you.