Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Collision experience [tesla certified collision center]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some feedback if I am being too picky....

Long story short I got in a minor hit and run, dented the quarter panel and scuffed up the bumper. Not massive damage but a pain to deal with...

My insurance company quoted me $800 to repair (lol). After two weeks, I got my car back. Total charge to insurance was $6500 (lol again). I can't even fathom that number based on the inital quote but thats on the insurance, they paid it.

So as I look over the repair, I notice the following:

1. Emblem is not flush with body, and will likely get caught while cleaning or continue to pull off.

2. Quarter panel and bumper do not align correctly

3. multiple scratches and barespots on newly painted bumper

4. new scratch on mirror that was not there before

And lastly, only my front speaker works now, no sub, rear speakers, and also the microphone for my bluetooth doesn't work anymore. Notes on work show they removed and installed the amp/subwoofer, so they screwed that up somehow.

Please tell me if I am being unreasonable. The place is closed now but I am sending all the notes to the manager who was at least apologetic and seems to want and address the issues.

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 93
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 61
  • bumper3.jpg
    bumper3.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 60
  • bumper4.jpg
    bumper4.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 66
  • damage1.jpg
    damage1.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 58
  • emblem .jpg
    emblem .jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 67
Looking for some feedback if I am being too picky....

Long story short I got in a minor hit and run, dented the quarter panel and scuffed up the bumper. Not massive damage but a pain to deal with...

My insurance company quoted me $800 to repair (lol). After two weeks, I got my car back. Total charge to insurance was $6500 (lol again). I can't even fathom that number based on the inital quote but thats on the insurance, they paid it.

So as I look over the repair, I notice the following:

1. Emblem is not flush with body, and will likely get caught while cleaning or continue to pull off.

2. Quarter panel and bumper do not align correctly

3. multiple scratches and barespots on newly painted bumper

4. new scratch on mirror that was not there before

And lastly, only my front speaker works now, no sub, rear speakers, and also the microphone for my bluetooth doesn't work anymore. Notes on work show they removed and installed the amp/subwoofer, so they screwed that up somehow.

Please tell me if I am being unreasonable. The place is closed now but I am sending all the notes to the manager who was at least apologetic and seems to want and address the issues.

I dont see where you mention what type of shop this is. Is this a Tesla collision center, a tesla certified third party collision center, or one not affiliated with tesla at all?

Reactions: calidreamz808
The speaker and sub fix might be easy.

Peel back the trunk trim on the passenger side and you will see the connectors plugged into the amp or dsp board.

Unplug and re-plug them back in (making sure to listen for a audiable click), you should see a steady light or see it go out as you do.

Should fix the audio output for you.

The speaker and sub fix might be easy.

Peel back the trunk trim on the passenger side and you will see the connectors plugged into the amp or dsp board.

Unplug and re-plug them back in (making sure to listen for a audiable click), you should see a steady light or see it go out as you do.

Should fix the audio output for you.
looked at it they are all plugged in. Tried that and nothing. also dont see any lights on it. Just three ribbon cables

Not sure which state you are located. I am in CA and as per CA laws, I get to choose the body shop for repairs .I am in the Bay Area and Tesla has its own Body Shop which does a very good job.
i am in mass, i can choose too by law. There is no Telsa Body and only two certified in my area. I picked an outfit that is well established, apparently not a good pick though.