Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CS office hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220323_052509.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. Got through just after 8am. Booked in for April the 6th surprised at the length of wait as it's a problem with the electrical system.

Probably easiest to use the app. 'Speaking to someone' isn't really Tesla's way, they much prefer everything through app/text etc. Even dropping off a car for some work -
At SC - "scan the QR code" -
but I want to speak to someone to discuss how long I may be without a car -
To real person "Hello, I have just dropped off my car."
Ans "Scan the QR code".
"But I want to speak to someone when it might be ready"
Ans "You will get a text and it will say in the app"
Brickwall - bang head...

However, it does work OK in other situations
App service concern - "Tyre pressure warning system failure"
After a few days - App response "Resolved Remotely"

I say work OK - never quite sure if permanent fix and if it would happen next time I swapped tyres - thankfully not this time, so fingers crossed.

Reactions: GRiLLA
Upvote 0
Probably easiest to use the app. 'Speaking to someone' isn't really Tesla's way, they much prefer everything through app/text etc. Even dropping off a car for some work -
At SC - "scan the QR code" -
but I want to speak to someone to discuss how long I may be without a car -
To real person "Hello, I have just dropped off my car."
Ans "Scan the QR code".
"But I want to speak to someone when it might be ready"
Ans "You will get a text and it will say in the app"
Brickwall - bang head...

However, it does work OK in other situations
App service concern - "Tyre pressure warning system failure"
After a few days - App response "Resolved Remotely"

I say work OK - never quite sure if permanent fix and if it would happen next time I swapped tyres - thankfully not this time, so fingers crossed.
I would have used the app, that's the problem. My previous service work on the 21st Feb (which was completed) wasn't clearing from the app, still in the accept estimate page. Couldn't book any Futher services till that was cleared by head office.

Upvote 0
I would have used the app, that's the problem. My previous service work on the 21st Feb (which was completed) wasn't clearing from the app, still in the accept estimate page. Couldn't book any Futher services till that was cleared by head office.

Yep. Thats a massive PITA. Totally understand that situation. Been there before.

Dare I say, may be worth sending Tesla a text asking them to clear it down. In my experience, if the job is still open, then the text communication path (that Tesla open for the service request) is still open.

I once used a follow up text a month or so after a (not yet closed down) previous job (having exhausted all other avenues) to try and get a spare part, I was surprised to get a response, followed up with a ranger visit to fit my 99p spare part, that they then turned in to a whole mirror assembly that was fixed under warranty. All for a 99p plastic clip that would have taken me 30 seconds to fix - that Tesla initially wanted to charge me nearly £8 to TNT it to me and I was just happy to collect from a service centre. A win in the end, but totally unnecessary.

Upvote 0