Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Data Centres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
makes sense as more compute and cost control are desired by rhe business and IT, moving to hybrid cloud is the path
And with your own hardware builds, which is what Dojo wants, easier to deploy to your own DC

People should listen to the last few moments with Elon talking once it's out in recording from wholemar's livestream.

The little that I heard was

1. V12 does not support HW4 yet as the higher resolution results in re-training
2. Capex into AI compute will be 2B for 2023 and 2B for 2024
3. About to turn on 10k H100 cluster that cost 250M.
4. V12 is not yet perfect as it make mistakes, reason why it's not released to the public for now. However it's incredibly smooth.
5. HW4 uses more power than HW3. HW3 uses roughly 100W.
Discussion here:

Last edited:
I think that they are stating these will be Dojo only data centres. 1st of its kind plus Elon just said Dojo style will massively exceed AWS style.
You’re talking about a computer, I’m talking about a facility.

Switch bought all the Enron fiber trunks in bankruptcy court for $1M including a big west coast ring. That‘s one reason others can‘t compete.

I spent several months in building 8 (below), the building is massive. It needs a car in the picture to understand how big it is. Pretty much who’s who in the IT world uses Switch. I’d be shocked if Tesla servers don’t reside in Switch facilities.
IMG_0986.png

You’re talking about a computer, I’m talking about a facility.

Switch bought all the Enron fiber trunks in bankruptcy court for $1M including a big west coast ring. That‘s one reason others can‘t compete.

I spent several months in building 8 (below), the building is massive. It needs a car in the picture to understand how big it is. Pretty much who’s who in the IT world uses Switch. I’d be shocked if Tesla servers don’t reside in Switch facilities.
View attachment 968534
Maybe they will only be connected via starlink?

Unless the data is going in and out the doors on thumb drives, WAN circuits are needed.
My view:
  1. Tesla or Amazon use Dojo as a service to train their model
    1. Raw data held in Dojo data centre - zero data in except for additional 5% scenarios. Mostly weight changes.
    2. Output stays in the data centre - zero data out
    3. Huge processing which could occupy 10% of the data centre for days
  2. Amazon use Dojo to output a question on their newly trained inference model
    1. Model held in data centre - see above - zero data in
    2. Processing
    3. Low data out unless;
    4. No data out if a bot is outputting as an input to another bot held in the same data centre in which case no data out
      1. Example - I ask Siri to book me a holiday. My AI knows I want to go to Sardinia. My AI books flight with airline bot, hotel with hotel bot etc. Output data is: "Buckminster - your flight leaves on Monday"
None of this is like a traditional data centre streaming Netflix to a million users simultaneously.

My view:
  1. Tesla or Amazon use Dojo as a service to train their model
    1. Raw data held in Dojo data centre - zero data in except for additional 5% scenarios. Mostly weight changes.
    2. Output stays in the data centre - zero data out
    3. Huge processing which could occupy 10% of the data centre for days
  2. Amazon use Dojo to output a question on their newly trained inference model
    1. Model held in data centre - see above - zero data in
    2. Processing
    3. Low data out unless;
    4. No data out if a bot is outputting as an input to another bot held in the same data centre in which case no data out
      1. Example - I ask Siri to book me a holiday. My AI knows I want to go to Sardinia. My AI books flight with airline bot, hotel with hotel bot etc. Output data is: "Buckminster - your flight leaves on Monday"
None of this is like a traditional data centre streaming Netflix to a million users simultaneously.
If all the data stays in the data center, nothing going in or out, you are correct. I can’t think of a scenario where that would happen.

If all the data stays in the data center, nothing going in or out, you are correct. I can’t think of a scenario where that would happen.
Humans are just meat bags in the future. AI is a new paradigm with no historical comparison.

Forgot to say that most LLMs etc. will be local to the user like llama and therefore won't use Dojo once trained.

Last edited: