Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Dealership/Service coming to San Luis Obispo, California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this past weekend
SLO Tesla Center.jpg

Reactions: Resist
I was just on that street at America's Tire yesterday - next time I'm over there I'll check out progress!
Don't worry, 6 months from now it will probably look the same. The city of SLO is notorious for slowing down progress with stupid rules. Yet they had no problem speeding up new housing developments when we don't have enough water, because if we did then they wouldn't keep increasing rates. And more housing means more traffic, more trash pickups, increased strain on the power grid. But hey, the city gets more money in property taxes and utility taxes.

Don't worry, 6 months from now it will probably look the same. The city of SLO is notorious for slowing down progress with stupid rules. Yet they had no problem speeding up new housing developments when we don't have enough water, because if we did then they wouldn't keep increasing rates. And more housing means more traffic, more trash pickups, increased strain on the power grid. But hey, the city gets more money in property taxes and utility taxes.
By that logic the city should want the automotive retail and service center to be within the city limits too so they can collect the sales tax revenue. If someone comes from Atascadero to get their car serviced, the parts can be charged sales tax at the service center but the mobile tech service sales tax would probably not go to the service center's address, but rather the location where the service was performed.

Reactions: Bigtanuki
I'm looking forward to this Service Center opening up.

Hey, does anyone know if there is a SLO or Central Coast Tesla club? I have a bunch of Model 3 stuff (including a new 12 volt battery), that I need to get rid of since getting my new Model Y.

I was at the Santa Barbara SC about 18 months ago when I asked about the possibility of a Tesla Service Center in SLO. The manager indicated that it was a good possibility and many of the folks working there wanted to transfer if it happened. Perhaps staffing won't take too long. That being said it's difficult to imagine it being done by EOY, especially in SLO. Fingers crossed.

Clearly all the permits are completed, i mean its almost completed. I drove by the other day and saw one of the doors open to the shop and there were already lifts inside. i think its just a matter of furnishing the building and hiring employees. My guess is 1-2 months it will be up and running.

I called SB service center today, for info of San Luis Obispo service center opening. The person stated soft opening for service only on December 18. Jan - Feb time frame for purchase /delivery / sales.
Drove by it the other day, it looks pretty much complete so these dates wouldn't surprise me. I am excited to not need to drive to SB anymore for service!!!