Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Delivery Center requesting two checks for delivery pickup instead of one.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to the Tesla dealership while I was at the bank getting my financing done, and I explained to the dealership that I was putting a down-payment of a little more than half down for the car. The dealership said fine just take a photo of the bank's cashier's check and email it to the dealership, which I did, their email response was thank you and your financing is complete. The bank customarily gave me one check for the full amount that the dealership had typed in on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, which was obviously $1000.00 over the actual price due to the rebate specified in the Agreement. But the bank had to honor the purchase agreement. When I get to the dealership to pickup the new model 3 the salesman was insisting that I needed 2 checks, one for my down-payment and one for the financed amount. He told me that he would have to get approval from accounting to accept the check that was made out in full, and hoped I didn't have to go back to my bank to get 2 checks. 30 minutes later he said they would take my check, but that the DMV wouldn't have an accurate record as to how much was being financed. To top it off he said I over paid and it would take at least 30 days to receive my $1000 overpayment in the mail. So I was not to pleased with how the dealership handled my new car pickup. The salesman then tells me I'm the first customer in four years that hasn't provided 2 checks when there's a down-payment involved. Has anyone else had a similar Tesla car Buying experience?