Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is a terrible company to deal with when it comes to things like this. I guess it's a way for them to stop others from trying to make repairs and continue ripping off out-of-warranty customers in their service centers. Obviously, Tesla doesn't care that there are little to no official service centers in many parts of the world.

I feel your pain, hope you are able to find it. If you do, make sure to post your findings here as a lot of us would be interested.

• Love
Reactions: Chaserr and neroden
Well we stole it thats why there is no key probably wasn`t inside :)
Ummm you cannot steal Teslas bro, they are all remotely trackable. He probably used his cell phone app as his key dummy

You wount bealive what could be done with tesla :) Tracking means nothing! Simple toys on the market jam the signal and its not funny like my joke... And when you root the car breake in to it some one that does it got control over it... Many of them has ben stolen... OK get back to topic... :)

You wount bealive what could be done with tesla :) Tracking means nothing! Simple toys on the market jam the signal and its not funny like my joke... And when you root the car breake in to it some one that does it got control over it... Many of them has ben stolen... OK get back to topic... :)

What do you mean when you say when you root the car it breaks in and someone has control of it? Please explain...thanks!

I don't get it guys, why would someone need Tesla Toolbox? And when you guys repair these electric cars back to life arn't you worried about electrical issues/wiring issues if it isn't done properly (like Tesla certified technicians)? How the heck do you know exactly what you're wiring and grounding/charging?
There are many reasons to fix the car yourself, not just bringing a salvage car back to life. How about you don't want to wait a month to get an appointment at the service center? Maybe you prefer to save money and fix something yourself. Or maybe you want to customize your car with things Tesla does sell (for example 360 birdseye view). I am not saying anyone should attempt it, but there are people in this world who can actually do things. I prefer to do my own custom installs because I want things done a certain way, rather than the fastest way some random installer will do it, and am willing to put in the time.

Tesla is as maliciously compliant as possible with right to repair laws, but Massachusetts (the only reason you have access to a Tesla manual is because of them) recently expanded their repair laws to require companies like Tesla to make the software they use available to the pubic. Unfortunately, the new law doesn't take place for a while so we will have to wait.