Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy IL - Comed Activation advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to pass along a word of advice to those in IL who have had their system fully installed and are awaiting the interconnection approval from Commonwealth Edison. Apparently Comed does not always send a letter/email/notification to either the resident or the installer when the system has been fully approved. In my case, it was only because I specifically called the Comed interconnection department did I learn that they had actually already approved my system in full. Tesla was surprised by this news as they had not received notification. They checked the "portal" after I notified them that the system was approved and confirmed that the approval had been posted to the portal (more than a day previously). And, the entire Comed approval process took less than two days (much less than the several-week timeframe that Tesla told me to expect). So, bottom line, call Comed interconnect once Tesla tells you that it is in their lap, and find out your status yourself.

• Informative
Reactions: JFChenger
I can confirm this as well. My story was a little different in some regard. Tesla initially submitted a screen capture of the my local approval to ComEd, ComEd of course rejected it and told them they needed another version. Meanwhile, Tesla was telling me it's in ComEd's hands. I called the interconnect number again after another week and the nice rep on the phone pushed my account to PTO. I then told my advisor. Here in IL I think we as the customer are also the project advisors. My advisor sorry to say was nothing more than a robot responding via generic emails. On a side note, I still haven't paid since I want access to SolarEdge monitoring.

I can confirm this as well. My story was a little different in some regard. Tesla initially submitted a screen capture of the my local approval to ComEd, ComEd of course rejected it and told them they needed another version. Meanwhile, Tesla was telling me it's in ComEd's hands. I called the interconnect number again after another week and the nice rep on the phone pushed my account to PTO. I then told my advisor. Here in IL I think we as the customer are also the project advisors. My advisor sorry to say was nothing more than a robot responding via generic emails. On a side note, I still haven't paid since I want access to SolarEdge monitoring.

Confused by last sentence. When we paid our final bill my husband asked about getting a SE account and the billing guy made that request. Said it might take a few days. Husband got an email from SE as a result asking for some additional info for setting up. No need to hold your Tesla payment hostage if I get your drift there. Also once you are paid, Tesla can then grant access to a family member that has the Tesla App (for car, solar & PWs) so they can monitor on their device. Our system was purchased under his account and until we got PTO and paid I had to said to see the system.

Confused by last sentence. When we paid our final bill my husband asked about getting a SE account and the billing guy made that request. Said it might take a few days. Husband got an email from SE as a result asking for some additional info for setting up. No need to hold your Tesla payment hostage if I get your drift there. Also once you are paid, Tesla can then grant access to a family member that has the Tesla App (for car, solar & PWs) so they can monitor on their device. Our system was purchased under his account and until we got PTO and paid I had to said to see the system.

Thanks. This makes me feel a little better. Good info there since my wife will most likely want access to the App as well.