Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Friendly Car Wash NYC Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given Tesla's paint & sensors, have little to no idea which chemicals are harmful to the paint / sensors car wash use, anyone know a Tesla friendly car wash around the NYC area with lots of Tesla customers, can be NJ or Long Island too.

Jersey Shore not NYC but close for some readers... We do hand wash of our MY for the safest results... we use kitchen dish soap and the local power wash water only hand spray garage in Hazlet, near GSP X 117. Blue Wave auto Spa on 35N has two hand wash bays. We have also used an automatic car wash with success after testing it with the gas car first... Team Express Car Wash, also GSP 117 on 35S near Costco.
No damage to our MY from either of these choices and (very important) no attendant / stranger wants to enter our car either.
Anyone know how to engage the security cam recorder while in car wash mode? If there is damage, one might want it on record. Thanks.

I was at the Newburg charging station today at Orr avenue and route 300 off 87 Exit 17. After I finished charging , I need to go to the rest room. Decided to go to the gas station across the street and as I was pulling into the station, I saw a touchless car wash. The cheapest option is $10.00. I chose that one. It ran through the various soak , soap rinse cycles. It was pretty neat and all it is water spraying on the car. My car looked a lot better coming out than when it went in.