Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Garage Deco and Tesla T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...there might be a few versions, and then some different packages. Also, there will be a service plan and a few items that you don't need but will really be sad without( but I'll tell you that now)...wanna give me $500 for a couple of years? :tongue:
then we'll talk about prices
It's the battery replacement costs that are really scary... ;-)

Beg to differ here (as this is vital to my TCO calculation): :wink:

If a 60kWh battery pack degrades to 70% after x years, it holds the same capacity as a new 42kWh pack, but has higher weight. It should be possible to sell it for nearly the same cost as a 40kWh pack for stationary use, e.g. grid power storage or emergency home power backup. Battery prices drop quite a bit in x years, so your replacement pack capacity is effectively the cost of the 30% degraded capacity (18kWh in this example) at time of replacement. Make sense?

Beg to differ here (as this is vital to my TCO calculation): :wink:

If a 60kWh battery pack degrades to 70% after x years, it holds the same capacity as a new 42kWh pack, but has higher weight. It should be possible to sell it for nearly the same cost as a 40kWh pack for stationary use, e.g. grid power storage or emergency home power backup. Battery prices drop quite a bit in x years, so your replacement pack capacity is effectively the cost of the 30% degraded capacity (18kWh in this example) at time of replacement. Make sense?

Sorry, I think we were talking about RC cars

Lazy request coming up:

Does anyone have just a wireframe of the basic Tesla logo? Kind of like the logo that get's drawn at the start of each of the Tesla videos? If I could be bothered to load Adobe CS5 to my laptop I could do an edge detect on one of the jpegs up-thread, but I've just rebuilt my laptop, so don't want to pollute it again, at least for a while...

My plan is to blow it up to print on an A0 printer, then use it as a template to jigsaw-cut some MDF, then lacquer it with a black enamel, back light it, and have it on the 'feature wall' of my garage (that I'm about to start renovating).

If not, I'll just blow up one of the jpegs and use a bit more black ink, the resolution isn't to important, it would just help a bit with the precision of the cut.

My plan is to use it as a template to cut some board, spray it, the backlight it with LEDs and put it on the garage wall. If it turns out well, photo's will follow, if it doesn't, we'll forget this ever happened :)

i am curious for the result! ;-)

watch the tesla-sign on the corner of it's store in seattle
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=435+Westlake+Avenue+N+Seattle,+WA+98109&hl=en&ll=47.623029,-122.338418&spn=0.005648,0.013937&sll=47.623027,-122.338648&layer=c&cbp=13,156.53,,1,-11.19&cbll=47.623213,-122.338725&gl=US&hnear=435+Westlake+Ave+N,+Seattle,+King,+Washington+98109&t=m&z=17&panoid=Xb6bg0cQnwgA1EAxSF0sqQ