Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Ghosting Me? [installation rescheduled due to issuses on install and no contact from tesla]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please bear with me.....I am not an expert and just learning.

I had a date for a 6.12 KW Solar + 2 PW install about 5 weeks ago. The installers came and decided they could not install what is marked on the design I have as the "Relay/Load Center" in the location it was intended (right near the main panel). I already had issues with the install of the power walls in this location as they would be too close to a gas line (which is not allowed by the local regulations). The installer said that they would need to run wires for each circuit on the panel over the top of the house and down to where the powerwalls and inverter was being installed as that was the only acceptable location for this relay/load center. They tried to get Tesla's approval on the spot but could not, so they said the installation would have to be rescheduled. So my status was pushed back to "pending installation" and it has not been more than a month and I am wondering if Tesla is going to walk away from this project as I have heard nothing and cannot get an update.

Does this make any sense? Can anyone help me understand why Tesla wouldn't just approve this and move forward? (I assume that this would be some additional cost to them, but unclear how much).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited:
Tesla is famous for ghosting customers, they are are so overwhelmed and are so short staffed it's ridiculous. Best of luck to you, I dont think you can do anything but keep calling and keep emailing. Have another solar company come in and take a look in the meantime.