Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla High Voltage Battery Disconnected for 8 Months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
My MS was accidented last December. Before it was towed, fire brigade disconnected the high voltage battery. Adjuster decided to repair the car. The car is at Tesla approved garage for nearly 7 months. Parts delay is a painful experience. However, my question is that how will the battery health be when it will be reconnected? Garage initially told me that since HV battery is disconnected, there are no phantom losses happening. So ideally there should not be any degradation in the battery whenever it will be reconnected. I had 36% SoC at the time of accident. Has anyone encountered similar issue when your Tesla HV battery remained disconnected for months and later reconnected? Did you encounter any range issues?
Thanks.

I don't have direct experience, but I had a 13.5kWh Powerwall 2 uninstalled(disconnected) with a 100% charge.

It took 18 months before I could get it re-installed at a new house with solar.

We were all afraid that after that long it would have drained itself flat and dead. But when they hooked it up -- 96% charge.

So if the HV battery is truly disconnected, I think it will hold a charge for a while. Good luck!

I don't have direct experience, but I had a 13.5kWh Powerwall 2 uninstalled(disconnected) with a 100% charge.

We were all afraid that after that long it would have drained itself flat and dead. But when they hooked it up -- 96% charge.

So if the HV battery is truly disconnected, I think it will hold a charge for a while. Good luck!
Thank you @HankLloydRight. Lets see what happens in my case.

Gentlemen just want to share this and welcome any comment to guide me….

image.png

Good Morning Tesla Team, please look how awesome my battery looks.... but it does not work.
This is my third request not asking for anything free just assistance so that I can get a replacement battery.
Please read below and I will appreciate the assistance. Iam Louis Gutierrez and thank you.
On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 8:39 AM Quiubolou <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning Tesla Team, this is my second request on an issue I had with my Tesla Powerwall II. I am not asking for anything for free just assistance as I am now retired in Costa Rica. Below is the detail.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 9:54 AM Quiubolou <[email protected]> wrote:
Tesla
Fremont, California

Good Morning Tesla Team,

My name is Louis Gutierrez ex-Corporate Controller for Petersen Dean Roofing & Solar in Fremont, CA. I want to begin this letter with the following: I am not looking for any “give me’s” just want a fair deal in consideration of the chain of events that occurred after I resigned in October 2019, retired to Costa Rica and most recently attempted to installed the Powerwall I purchased before resigning from Petersen Dean.
I am 62 years old, photo of passport attached, recently and while Solar Ing. here in Costa Rica attempted to connect the Tesla Powerwall II I was advised by the Tesla Customer Service individual on the phone that the battery had been too long off line and therefore was no good.
I retired from San Leandro, CA to Costa Rica in October 2019 just before the beginning of the pandemic. In the beginning of 2020, I attempted with Solar ING to begin the installation of the solar panels, Enphase Inverters and Powerwall II but the pandemic and my sister’s cancer, she is now deceased, forced me to stop. I was not aware that the battery would die if not connected within a reasonable time frame; I paid $6,000 and would have done all possible to avoid losing 6K. If necessary, I do have evidence of my intentions, before pandemic and sister’s passing to install the battery in early 2020 thru Solar ING.
This year with the pandemic out of the way I was truly looking forward to having the system hooked up and working as I saw many between my home in San Leandro and my work in Fremont. Only to find out the battery is no longer good.
In consideration of the above, I would like purchase directly from Tesla another battery just as Petersen Dean had purchased for an employee. I am not looking for charity and I am willing to pay the $6,000 or whatever new “current” price is to wholesale. I have enclosed a copy of my resignation letter in which as Corporate Controller I was fully aware of the cost of materials such as the Battery.
Through the attempts to turn-on the battery my name is already of record in your office. I am thru the Tesla App as with a Powerwall Gateway STG118194000k9G. Again, I truly just want an opportunity to purchase thru Tesla another battery to complete this installation in my home without having to pay a middleman.
Thank you for your consideration and should you need any additional information please contact me and I will be glad to assist. My intentions are to have Solar ING install the battery but as a retired person I would want to avoid paying Solar ING a “mark up” just to bring it when I have a P.O. Box in Miami which can bring it here.
Louis Gutierrez – known in Costa Rica as Luis Diego Gutierrez
Costa Rica Phone 011-506-8987-6559
Email: [email protected]

cid:f_lilv6s2z2.jpeg

LG.
LG.
1695070695832.png