Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in crisis?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perception is, at least partially, to blame here. I had the cash set aside to buy a new Model S last summer and instead bought a used one in a private sale. I have other issues with Tesla, which includes the attitude you mentioned but the key reason is I couldn't bring myslef to give Elon anymore of my money. And that's one less car sold that quarter. I can tell you, the people around me who drive Polestars, Rivians and some Teslas all feel similar to me, he can't keep is mouth shut, why would we want to give him our cash?
I have no desire to put more money into Tesla while a vile bigot and right-wing conspiracy nut is running the company.

• Funny
Reactions: KJD and cptnslo
hope will eventually turn into despair with time.

5hsc3g.jpg

Reactions: cmaster
(Elctek's Take, Jameson Dow May 21 2024 - 12:17 pm PT)

It seems like the only way this would “help” Tesla is by retaining a CEO who has become increasingly erratic, who has made threats against his own company, who has directed the spending of the company’s money to influence a vote, who has a too-close relationship with the board, and who has recently taken steps to harm tens of thousands of employees either through haphazard firings (after all, the $55 billion that Musk is asking for could pay each of the 14,000+ employees he just fired a six-figure salary for 40 whole years) or through low morale that continues to affect employees today.

• Consider a hatchback design for the Model 3 – I was disappointed that the much larger Model 3 was able to carry considerably less than my tiny Volt. A hatch back design as we see with the Model S is very handy and useful for carrying larger items.
I really don't understand why they decided to go with the current rear hatch on the Model 3. Did they ever explain why they thought it was a good idea to not make it at least somewhat decent?

And another thing I don't get is why bet the company on AI? Couldn't they just have proceeded as planned with the compact and kept the "traditional" auto business going alongside AI development until AI is actually able to deliver the goods? Are they afraid of overcapacity on production or something? I'm sure that could be solved.

Oh, and why does he think it's a good idea to alienate his core customer base of liberals? While he was unfairly attacked in the past, he was still generally seen as doing good things, and liberals didn't hold their noses when buying his cars. But these days he's basically spitting liberals in their faces and telling them to buy cars from someone else. It's not even about disagreement over policy, it's outright hatred from Elon towards people to the center/left.