Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in top 10 auto brands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that in a couple of years Tesla could get something like the third place in top 10 auto brands if Tesla cars production would increase (short delivery time also in presence of big amount of requests) and if more options would be available on Tesla cars (ACC, AWD, blind spot, bigger batteries and so on).

Last edited:
The survey scores reflect how consumers perceive each brand in seven categories: quality, safety, value, performance, design/style, technology/innovation, and environmentally friendly/green.

Based on those factors Tesla should crack into the top 5 (and probably top 3) when Gen 3 is released as long as their quality keeps up or increases.

Here's the Consumer Reports official release/article:
2013 Car Brand Perception Survey: Consumers name their top 20 brands

Tesla in top 10 auto brands when most people never heard of it …. every time I take my S out I get “What kind of car is that….who makes that car….what is Tesla????

Toyota Top Auto Brand, Tesla Gaining: Survey

I live in New Braunfels Texas which is near San Antonio ... deep south Texas. 3 Months Ago 80 percent of the people I talked to did not know what Tesla was .... Recently it is more like 20 percent of people who do not know what Tesla is. Between all the awards it has won and all the other positive News it has recieved I think a lot of people in this area have a very rough idea about what Tesla is.

Full disclosure: I am very excited about the future of Tesla

Last edited:
Tesla in top 10 auto brands when most people never heard of it …. every time I take my S out I get “What kind of car is that….who makes that car….what is Tesla????

Toyota Top Auto Brand, Tesla Gaining: Survey

I searched and searched but couldn't find anything about SAAB. Oh yea they went bankrupt!!!! I still like mine:smile:
Nice to see Tesla improve over last year but it is difficult to take this too poll seriously when Mercedes,BMW and Audi trail Chevrolet by almost 20 points.