Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I even consider a 19 Model X LR with 250000km or 150000miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got offered this car from a dealer, they just bought it and haven't posted it yet. They're asking for 50k canadian only which seems very good (37.8k usd) and can likely negotiate further for a quick sale.

Sales person said they can not provide any service info as they don't have the car transferred under their company yet, and they likely would want to directly transfer to the buyer. Not sure if this is some BS. Car has only a $3000 claim on carfax which is nothing for tesla. I haven't view the car in person yet but I know it's:

2019 Tesla Model X LR
Black on Black 5 seater
Corporate company car for their sales person
Only $3000 Claim from insurance documented
No more warranty as it exceeded the mileage

I'm pretty young and don't have kids. I have an Audi TTRS for gas car and fun car and a Model 3 rwd currently. The storage space for Model X is pretty awesome, and I need a bigger car. The Falcon Wing door likely won't get used alot. Should I consider this car or maybe a NEW 2023 Model Y LR. New model Y does cost 50% more. Most of the car in canada is more expensive, so I think the price is pretty good.

Any suggestion is appreciated

Reactions: cleverscreenam
I just bought a 2018 5-seater, albeit with the premium and cold weather packages and the enhanced autopilot. But I paid a little bit more than that.

Most people are afraid of high mileage cars, but it really doesn't make too much difference on these. My Model S has over 270,000 miles on the original 85 kilowatt hour battery. So, they can go a long time. Plus you've still got a battery warranty on it. It's kind of an "if you like it" thing. We love the x. Although I love my s as well.

This might even be a raven, which would make it even more valuable. Life is a risk! I guess you just have to try and see.

Reactions: brainhouston
I just bought a 2018 5-seater, albeit with the premium and cold weather packages and the enhanced autopilot. But I paid a little bit more than that.

Most people are afraid of high mileage cars, but it really doesn't make too much difference on these. My Model S has over 270,000 miles on the original 85 kilowatt hour battery. So, they can go a long time. Plus you've still got a battery warranty on it. It's kind of an "if you like it" thing. We love the x. Although I love my s as well.

This might even be a raven, which would make it even more valuable. Life is a risk! I guess you just have to try and see.
Thanks for your input, pretty sure theres no battle warranty left, its over 150000 miles

Still blows my mind how much these cars depreciate. 2019 is only 4 years old!
Check out a 2019 Mercedes S-Class, or BMW 7 series. You'll be shocked how much all these luxury vehicles drop in price. Maybe that's why I never buy those new. Then again, if you've got the money, somebody's got to take the hit for us cheapskates!

Sales person said they can not provide any service info as they don't have the car transferred under their company yet, and they likely would want to directly transfer to the buyer. Not sure if this is some BS. Car has only a $3000 claim on carfax which is nothing for tesla. I haven't view the car in person yet but I know it's:
Not sure if the PO's info is still on the screen at all, but mine had a very unique name so I was able to search her on Facebook/Google, messaged her and she wrote my local Tesla SC a simple email saying it's OK to release the prior service history to me. A few days later I was emailed some PDF and I was able to see all the work that had been performed since day one...I wish the info just showed up in the app instead but I'll take what I can get when it comes to history so I'm not potentially replacing something that doesn't need it preventatively and/or still under warranty.

If you cant find the PO, then see if someone at the SC will at least let you see the prior history and MAYBE even take pictures...this is what I had to do for a prior X5M I had where the dealership wouldn't release the info to me.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Got offered this car from a dealer, they just bought it and haven't posted it yet. They're asking for 50k canadian only which seems very good (37.8k usd) and can likely negotiate further for a quick sale.

2019 Tesla Model X LR
Black on Black 5 seater
Corporate company car for their sales person
Only $3000 Claim from insurance documented
No more warranty as it exceeded the mileage

I'm pretty young and don't have kids. I have an Audi TTRS for gas car and fun car and a Model 3 rwd currently. The storage space for Model X is pretty awesome, and I need a bigger car. The Falcon Wing door likely won't get used alot. Should I consider this car or maybe a NEW 2023 Model Y LR. New model Y does cost 50% more. Most of the car in canada is more expensive, so I think the price is pretty good.

Any suggestion is appreciated

IMO the Y is a better car and will have less problems.

IMO the Y is a better car and will have less problems.
Says who? I have an X and my son has a Y, I'd take my X ANY day of the week over the Y...drives nicer, quieter, more usable seating, less range but faster and I didn't buy a performance for range. Our X has 130k and we've only had to pay $350 for halfshaft/clevis, $150 for some suspension bits and $14 for a door actuator; otherwise it's been an amazing vehicle to own

Says who? I have an X and my son has a Y, I'd take my X ANY day of the week over the Y...drives nicer, quieter, more usable seating, less range but faster and I didn't buy a performance for range. Our X has 130k and we've only had to pay $350 for halfshaft/clevis, $150 for some suspension bits and $14 for a door actuator; otherwise it's been an amazing vehicle to own

IMO