Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey if anyone has some advice here, I’d really appreciate it.
I’ve been with Tesla insurance for about 6 months and the premium increased from approx $104 a month to $147 a month with very little change in safety score. I’ve been trying to reach Tesla for almost 2 weeks now; no response to emails and the 844 number I just sit on hold forever until I can’t wait anymore and have to drop the call.
I have quotes from other companies and at this point, I just want to cancel the insurance. But I don’t think you can cancel through the app.
Has anyone encountered this? What are the options? Thanks in advance.

Almost 40 minutes on hold today and I’ll have to drop the call soon. Completely unacceptable.

Attachments

• IMG_7521.jpeg
    IMG_7521.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 139
For reference - I just got 4 quotes for insurance for my new Tesla in Florida

My wife and I are over 60 years old with perfect driving record and no insurance claims. 775+ credit scores.

Geico - $990 per 6 months.
State Farm - $1090 for 6 months
NCAA - $1516 for 6 months
Nationwide - $3200 for 6 months

This is almost exactly opposite of what you find when you google "Cheapest Tesla Insurance"Tesla Model 3 Insurance: Costs & Cheapest Providers (2023)

Insurance is insane. Hoping Tesla Insurance works out in Florida soon.

Hey if anyone has some advice here, I’d really appreciate it.
I’ve been with Tesla insurance for about 6 months and the premium increased from approx $104 a month to $147 a month with very little change in safety score. I’ve been trying to reach Tesla for almost 2 weeks now; no response to emails and the 844 number I just sit on hold forever until I can’t wait anymore and have to drop the call.
I have quotes from other companies and at this point, I just want to cancel the insurance. But I don’t think you can cancel through the app.
Has anyone encountered this? What are the options? Thanks in advance.
I am curious if you were able to get a response from them? I am thinking about getting my insurance through Tesla as well

I am curious if you were able to get a response from them? I am thinking about getting my insurance through Tesla as well
Tesla insurance has pretty much ghosted me on my first ever claim, and there’s no way for me to get a hold of my adjuster, and everyone says I can only talk to my assigned adjuster. Well, thanks, jeez.

Any luck getting someone live on the phone line, OP?

Sorry to see this is happening for you, I have a different issue with Tesla Insurance, turns out they have faulty data with the safety score. (ME) Why is my next Premium so high? (TESLA INS) Because of all the late night driving ... (ME) What late night driving? (TI) On July 1st after 10 PM ... (ME) That's not even showing in the score ... (TI) Send me screen shots, someone will fix that soon ...

I had to wait over 1 hr on hold, but once I did get someone, they seemed very rushed and ready to hang-up if they thought I wasn't responsive (as if the call dropped).

I would stick it out, there is something goofy with the algorithm or something, because there are weird things showing on the safety score that don't relate to my driving at all, like "39% forward collision warnings" when I have only a rare "phantom braking/forward collision warning" even (2023 M3) on occasion.